Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing folks  (Read 556 times)

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Missing folks
« on: August 15, 2023, 06:41:43 PM »

I don't know everyone here like some of you do. But there are some usual suspects missing. I don' know all their names

Free Mr Tony, he had moved to a new place, was a bread maker and pizza too, I believe he made some cured items also.

Another guy, don't remember his name, Joe something I think, he had bought a commercial pizza oven maybe Blodget and was working on it.

I am sure I am missing a few others, those were the two that came to mind.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Missing folks
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 06:49:50 PM »

Yeah, FMT hasn't been around for quite sometime.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 06:50:49 AM »

Sometimes people get busy in their lives and just don't have the time or energy to drop in and post, some have probably left for good because the site has met their needs at that point in time, and some may visit but not log in or post.  Many different reasons, but it is true that there were lots who contributed in the past who don't seem to be active now.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 08:39:16 AM »

I looked yesterday, and only 30 people have over 500 posts.  Pretty small community seems to be working with the periodic people in need of help dropping in here or there.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 12:01:58 PM »

Yes, I often think of members who are AWOL.  Some of those that readily come to mind have been mentioned.  There are others.  I sometimes wonder about bregent and bobitis.

I recall reading about the passing of a few members.  There won't be anyone to notify PF that I've died, so you'll just be wondering when my posts cease.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 12:29:10 PM »

Sometimes people get busy in their lives and just don't have the time or energy to drop in and post, some have probably left for good because the site has met their needs at that point in time, and some may visit but not log in or post.  Many different reasons, but it is true that there were lots who contributed in the past who don't seem to be active now.
add to this the inevitable.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 01:57:22 PM »

Yeah, I just have to much going on anymore to pump the site like I used to.  Never really did justice to that Smoke X4, just have so much to do!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1]   Go Up