Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Once upon a Time...  (Read 303 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Once upon a Time...
« on: August 20, 2023, 09:29:53 PM »

A friend, Neil Strawder aka BigMista posted this on my Facebook page.  I lost all my Photos of this time period to photobucket, so was a nice blast from the past!

13 years ago next Month!  We took 2nd Runner up (3rd) at the 2010 American Royal.  This was the check for Reserve Grand Champion, they screw up.  We still end up with I think $4000, which was a nice chunk!  Lets see if I can remember finishes.  Kristin cooked Chicken, tied for 25th, but got hosed in the computer coin toss, so officially 27th.  I got 76th in Ribs, Phrett (Al Seer) RIP got 101th in Pork and I got 11th in Brisket. 

Photo L to R. Me, Glenn2323, Bob from Hearthland, Kristin, ZCZ (Alan), and ITC1 (Keith).  That was a fun 3 days!  Larry was more involved with Cookshack at the time, so he did not spend a lot of time at the site and did not cook anything.  I tried to tell him I had a good feeling about it.  But he had already booked flight home so he was not around for awards.  That was my 15 minutes of BBQ Fame!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Re: Once upon a Time...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 09:40:28 PM »

That is great that you have this photo to help remember the glory days.

I remember I had things in PhotoBucket also I even forgot about that site until you mentioned it.

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
Re: Once upon a Time...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 05:24:55 AM »

Very nice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up