Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > GMG

GMG 's wifi app kind of sucks

(1/1)

just4fn:
so I used the new app last night to cook a pork steak.  What a nightmare.  It kept disconnecting.  I don't think it's my wifi because everything else was ok.  Maybe their server was overloaded since it was a Saturday night?  I can't use the old app because it only shows 1 probe and I can't seem to downgrade to the legacy firmware because error pops up.  I hope it was just an overloaded server.

Canadian John:

None of those shenanigans for me. I am too old to be fidgeting with temperamental high tech devices... As once said, cooking should be a pleasurable experience.

just4fn:
Once you get used to the remote monitoring it is convenient. It's nice to set up the grill profiles and use them also.  I like to use all the features I paid for whether  it be a grill or a new car.

Hank D Thoreau:
Does the new app work with the Daniel Boone? I am still using the old app, which for me, is working fine.

I only use it to control the temperature setting since I am using a Thermoworks Signals for temperature monitoring. I get much better temperatures from the Signals since I can place the probes where the meat is.

Signals has a wifi app as well.

just4fn:
Not the 120v model.  I don't think it even works with the Daniel Boone prime. I believe it only works with the Prime plus and the Ledge/Peak

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View