Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Dansons/Country Smokers...Louisana Grills...Pit Boss

KC Combo

(1/3) > >>

Brushpopper:
I'm in the market for a new everything.  I had a fire in my shop and everything is gone.  I've been looking at the PB KC Combo online and saw one in person in San Antonio and boy howdy is that thing big overall.  It's 69 inches wide.  The pellet side is kind of small but big enough to do a 12 or 13 pound brisket and the griddle side rules.  I actually had too much room in the P&S for just the three of us most times.  They look like they will have a terrible hotspot right over the firepot though.  I did some reading and sure enough that is the major complaint along with connecting through the app which I wouldn't use anyway.  dk117's post here

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=7874.0;topicseen

gave me some hope for a way to even out the temps but I don't know if I would want to spend another hundred bucks.  Another complaint is not enough smoke flavor so the Smoke Daddy would help with that too.  Do any of the Pit Boss owners have the problem with a major hotspot or lack of smoke?  It looks like they are all similar with the curved drip pan/heat deflector.

Canadian John:

Sorry to hear about the fire. Hopefully it was contained to the shop.  On the bright side, it gives you a chance to update and organize.  The downside, the loss of those

special and sometime non replaceable items.

All the best with your "new everything" endeavours.

Bar-B-Lew:
I could not have said it any better Canadian John.  Best of luck to you in rebuilding Brushpopper.

Brushpopper:
Thanks y'all!!  I should have clarified that it was just my detached shop and not our house.  The fire department got here pretty fast and was able to keep it from burning the county down but the building and contents are ruined.  Luckily I was able to move my truck and save it.  I'm still dealing with the insurance so I don't know what I'll be able to afford for a new pellet grill.

Bentley:
Wish i could help, but have been out of the Loop way to long on new units!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View