Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mike's Hot Honey  (Read 487 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Mike's Hot Honey
« on: September 02, 2023, 01:37:32 PM »

I saw this product as I was looking at the Restaurant Depot website one day.  They had an offer of a free sample to wholesalers & retailers, advising that the samples were not intended for the general public.  I figured we are not a site that sells things, but I figured I could do a very simple review and expose the members to this product, therefore why not fill out the form and see what happens.  They sent me some.  I am not a great fan of honey, but add some heat to almost any product and I am ready to try it.  This was great, the regular is not real hot.  The Extra Hot, well you know you are eating something with heat!  But boy does it kick up the flavor of honey.  I had it on some Hush Puppies last night and also mixed with some ketchup with fries.  Boy Howdy is it good.  I would think this would be great on wings or any fried chicken, biscuits, I guess anything you use honey on.  I don't use it, so I cant think of many.

Sorry I have no pricing information or even where you can purchase it.  It came yesterday and shocked me when I opened it, cuz I was not expecting it.  If you like honey & heat, this will be right in your Wheel House!

I will have Kristin try both and report back on heat levels for the Normal Members out there!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 01:40:25 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Mike's Hot Honey
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 01:53:42 PM »

Most grocery stores have the regular one and Trader Joe's has a similar product.  Utz has potato chips flavored with that stuff.  I didn't know there was an Extra Hot.  I need to look for that.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

rfinley

• Using less gas.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 07:29:27 PM »

We use it on pizza !!!  Pepperoni, Cheese and Hot Honey !!!   

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 09:48:39 PM »

That makes sense too!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 07:27:22 AM »

Full disclosure -- I don't like honey, so can not speak to whether this makes honey more flavorful or not.  This is a heat issue. My level of hot is I can enjoy an ABT, but that is about as hot as I can tolerate things and still enjoy. In other words, not a real high tolerance.

The "hot" was pretty hot for me.  I could eat it and it wasn't unpleasant, just a fair amount of heat and a bit of a burn after.  In a small amount, someone who likes honey and heat would probably enjoy.

The extra hot -- hard, hard NO!!!!  I only took one drop and it was burning like crazy.  Had to swish milk in my mouth 3 times for the heat to die down and even then there was some lingering.  Not enjoyable for me, but Bent seemed to love it.  So if you are a big heat and honey person you will like this.

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 10:17:54 AM »

Most grocery stores have the regular one and Trader Joe's has a similar product.  Utz has potato chips flavored with that stuff.  I didn't know there was an Extra Hot.  I need to look for that.

I haven’t tried the honey yet but those UTZ-Mikes Hot Honey chips you mentioned are my new favorite chips.
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

dk117

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2023, 01:48:33 PM »

for the finish sauce on pork ribs (my wife likes sweet) we use sweet baby rays and honey.  I'd normally use regular honey, but I have used Mike's Hot.  Nice additional kick.  I've got 1/3 of a bottle at home.

DK
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill
Pages: [1]   Go Up