Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: College Football 2023  (Read 372 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
College Football 2023
« on: September 09, 2023, 05:31:00 PM »

Well, CU seems to be for real.  Will be interesting to see if they can keep their feet on the ground and not get swelled heads.  If they can, they look to do pretty well this year

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: College Football 2023
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 05:45:01 PM »

Well, CU seems to be for real.  Will be interesting to see if they can keep their feet on the ground and not get swelled heads.  If they can, they look to do pretty well this year

I didn't get to see the game today, but looks like they had a convincing win.  As one former coach said, if Deion gets this to work by completely turning over a roster, you will see more coaches doing the same when they takeover a new coaching job.  Certainly risky, but he is pulling it off so far.  Helps that he knew the talent he was bringing with him from Jackson St.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

NorCal Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 04:41:55 PM »

As a CU alum, I am cautiously optimistic. That said, we won't know if it is real until Oregon and USC in weeks 4 and 5. Nebraska is not a bad team, but their qb kept turning the ball over. The defense was on the field a lot, and at altitude they looked like they just got worn out. Deion has definitely brought interest to the program. Both college football pregame shows will be there for a game that is not the best of the weekend. Personally, I am old school and I don't like the fact he kicked kids out of the program that made that decision at 18 yrs old, but I guess that is the state of college sports these days. Mixed emotions for this hard-core Buffalo.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 06:30:46 PM »

As a CU alum, I am cautiously optimistic. That said, we won't know if it is real until Oregon and USC in weeks 4 and 5. Nebraska is not a bad team, but their qb kept turning the ball over. The defense was on the field a lot, and at altitude they looked like they just got worn out. Deion has definitely brought interest to the program. Both college football pregame shows will be there for a game that is not the best of the weekend. Personally, I am old school and I don't like the fact he kicked kids out of the program that made that decision at 18 yrs old, but I guess that is the state of college sports these days. Mixed emotions for this hard-core Buffalo.

I would have agreed with you a few years ago.  Nowadays, if kids can go into the transfer portal and play with another team right away, I don't see why coaches can't fire kids they don't think are good enough.  It is a two way street now.

I can't say I agree with NIL, portal, and cutting kids loose of their scholarships.  Times have changed and probably for the worst.  NCAA seems to have put some band aids in place without much thought.  Good intentions and poor execution in my opinion.  I don't have an answer but college sports that make a lot of money are a lot different today than they were 5+ years ago.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

NorCal Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 02:21:12 PM »

Great points Lew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up