Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 27 Sep 2023
  •   There are several Youtube videos on the following.. Making your own low cost refill.

Although the ratios vary slightly here's an example..

Water - 11 OZ

Regular Dawn dishwashing liquid - 3 OZ

Isopropyl alcohol (% not specified) - 2 OZ

Add the content to the water & stirr, then it pour into the original  aerating spray bottle.. 
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Sep 2023
  • Hmmm...so how can they claim the powerwash is so much more effective than the regular Dawn?  This is a watered down version.  Does adding the alcohol have that much of an impact?
  • #3 by Canadian John on 27 Sep 2023
  • Hmmm...so how can they claim the powerwash is so much more effective than the regular Dawn?  This is a watered down version.  Does adding the alcohol have that much of an impact?
      I can't say as I don't use the product... One of my daughters does & loves it..I just recently sent her a video on the subject.

As I see it, the foaming action (aeration) and alcohol add to the cleaning power of the regular Dawn.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Sep 2023
      I can't say as I don't use the product... One of my daughters does & loves it..I just recently sent her a video on the subject.

As I see it, the foaming action (aeration) and alcohol add to the cleaning power of the regular Dawn.

If this is legit, I am sure that the makers of Dawn are upcharging for the powerwash version and probably increasing their margins considerably.  My parents swear by the powerwash version.  I don't think it works as good as it does on their TV commercials but works good.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 27 Sep 2023
  • I have seen that,never bought it and then seen the videos. I just use regular or sometimes I go big time for the Ultra. I just pour mine in to one of those dollar store condiment bottles and keep on the back of the sink. Usually use those Blue Scotch scrubber sponges.

I had thought about trying the powerwash but thought I don't have anything my system won't tackle. other than the cast iron cooking racks on the stove, I get the Awesome Cleaner after them and they still don't come as clean as I would like them at times. But they don't get washed as often as they should, they are heavy and go over 2 burners so they are about 12"x24"
  • #6 by pmillen on 28 Sep 2023
  • I use Power Wash infrequently because it's not usually needed.  However, it's occasionally been helpful.  I'll remember this thread when I need a refill.
  • #7 by elenis on 03 Oct 2023
  • I use the powerwash, but not because I think it necessarily works better, it is just a convenient format. Most things go in the dishwasher so I am not doing a sink full of dishes, so for spraying one item and cleaning it I find it more convenient. I haven't tried the make your own, but I get a 2 pack of refills and one with the top on it in a combo pack from Sam's Club for less then $10 when I have gotten it.
Pages:
Actions