Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pmillen on 05 Oct 2023
  • As I recall, there are some members here that like it, others—not so much.

Anyway, the press release says it'll be available in some locations.  Maybe you'll get lucky.

Click here to read about the November release.
  • #2 by yorkdude on 05 Oct 2023
  • I used to really like them (my wife thinks I am crazy) but I tried them at least the last 2 times and maybe 3? No longer a fan, either they have changed or 67 years of life have changed my preferences. Probably the latter.
    I will say this, I very rarely eat there anymore but sometimes I absolutely crave a Big Mac and when I go I add a side of Filet of fish. I also have them add extra sauce to each of them. :help:
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 05 Oct 2023
  • I like them, not a diehard fan but I try to get one when they bring them back. McDonalds is not my choice of the big 3, I will go to Wendy's and BK first.

I used to really like McDonalds chicken nuggets but not sure what they  did to them.
  • #4 by Canadian John on 05 Oct 2023

•   The mighty McRib.. Fond memories of bygone years.. Given the chance I should give them a try & see if they are as I remember them.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 05 Oct 2023

•   The mighty McRib.. Fond memories of bygone years.. Given the chance I should give them a try & see if they are as I remember them.

Sadly I don't believe much of anything we buy in most categories is as good as we remember, due do substandard ingredients and materials.
  • #6 by Bentley on 09 Oct 2023
  • I will not get sucked in again this year!  Did not realize it had been this long!

I see the McRib is coming back Nov 1.  40th Anniversary.  I had one like 8-10 months ago (or whenever they came out last) and said that was it forever.  I think I will try one more just to see if was really that bad!  I guarantee you the last one I had did not taste like the 1st one I had 40 years ago!

• #7 by GREG-B on 09 Oct 2023
  • Yeh........NO
  • #8 by hughver on 10 Oct 2023
  • I'm probably in the minority, but I liked them. Possibly the only thing that I ever liked from Mickey D's.
  • #9 by Hank D Thoreau on 13 Oct 2023
  • The McRib was introduced in 1981. Sometime before that, the best man in our wedding took part in a focus group for a McDonald's pork sandwich that would become the McRib.
  • #10 by cookingjnj on 19 Oct 2023
  • Hahaha, I was just talking about the McRib with my wife the other night.  I had smoked a rack of St. Louis ribs the way my wife likes them...falling off the bone.  Not my favorite way, but happy wife....  Well, anyway, when I pulled them from the foil wrap, the bones just pulled straight out of the rack.  I mentioned if we had a nice sub type roll, we could pull all the bones out, add a few pickles, onion and BBQ sauce and make our own McRib!  She tries not to eat carbs as much so the roll was a no-go and the home made McRib never made it to fruition.
  • #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Oct 2023
  • Free Mr Tony had some pics of homemade McRib he made that looked great many years ago
  • #12 by BigDave83 on 25 Nov 2023
  • I don't really go to McDonalds unless the GF is along, she had mentioned earlier in the day she could eat a McChicken, so when we were done with what we had to do and on our way home I stopped, she got what she wanted and I got the McRib, not the best thing in the world but I like them. Go through the drive thru and get our stuff and we usually have a spot close to  dog park we will go to sit and eat so she can watch the dogs.

Not sure how you can F up a sammich that only has 3 things on it but they did, no pickles on it, it isn't very good with out pickles.
  • #13 by Canadian John on 26 Jan 2024

•  Finally made it here:

McDonald's McRib Is Officially Coming Back To Canada & People Are 'Almost In Tears'

Part of today's news.
Pages:
Actions