Here's How I.... > Cook Beef

Greek Moussaka and Spanakopita pie

<< < (3/3)

Bentley:
My friend loved it.  He had just gone to the Greek Festival last week in Fredericksburg and said my béchamel was better and my sauce had much more meat.  I think he nicely tried to say their eggplant was cooked a little better.  The Spanakopita lacked flavor.  It was a pleasant meal, but to me did not have as much flavor as Cottage Pie or Meatloaf.  To much work for not enough flavor! Sent majority of leftovers home with Myron.

BigDave83:
I have never eaten either of these dishes. But would try them. I doubt I would make them though as it looks like a lot of moving parts and pieces to put together.

Bentley:
Very interesting, after a night in the fridge and a minute in the microwave.  Much more flavor tonight for dinner with the Spanakopita!

Bentley:

Hank D Thoreau:

--- Quote from: Bentley on October 21, 2023, 06:45:56 PM ---Very interesting, after a night in the fridge and a minute in the microwave.  Much more flavor tonight for dinner with the Spanakopita!

--- End quote ---

I find that to be the case in a lot of that type of dish. A day in the refrigerator seems to help smooth out the flavors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View