Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by hughver on 14 Nov 2023
  • Ever since my DC went belly up I've been looking for a replacement for smaller cooks. If anyone comes across a good black Friday deal on a grill, I'd appreciate a heads up. Reteq has their RT B380 on sale but I know nothing about it. Thanks
  • #2 by hughver on 18 Nov 2023
  • I came across a Grill called King Chii for a reasonable price at Walmart. Anyone know anything about it or have experience with one?
  • #3 by Bentley on 18 Nov 2023
  • None.
  • #4 by pmillen on 18 Nov 2023
  • I imagine that you saw Tom Horsteman's YouTube video.  Just search on King Chii.
  • #5 by hughver on 28 Nov 2023
  •  A few days ago I pulled the trigger and bought a Z Grills 450B smoker. It arrives tomorrow. Assembly is going to be a challenge. I don't move very well these days. It weighs 95 pounds.
  • #6 by Canadian John on 29 Nov 2023

•  Hope you'll enjoy it.

I would be interested in your initial evaluation as well as progressional developments.

• #7 by jdmessner on 29 Nov 2023
  • Looks like a nice grill. Hope the install goes well. It sounds like you will be up and running for the holidays!
  • #8 by hughver on 05 Dec 2023
  • Grill assembly is complete thanks to help from my brother-in-law, who also lives in our community. assembly was tedious and surely required two people. there were no missing or damaged parts, total assembly time was about three hours. Burn-in will be later today or tomorrow. First cook not until weekend. The grill came with a nice cover and two meat probes. This is the 2023 450B model.
  • #9 by yorkdude on 05 Dec 2023
  • Looking good.
  • #10 by hughver on 05 Dec 2023
  • As if I don't have enough grills, I bought another one. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge about this device, Ninja Woodfire Electric Outdoor Grill and Smoker. It looked interesting and would fill the size gap between my other devices. Plus, I think that it should be easier, quicker and cleaner to use. and the price was right.
  • #11 by pmillen on 05 Dec 2023
  • See Ninja Wood Fired Grill.

I have one.  My comments are near the end of the above referenced thread.
  • #12 by hughver on 16 Dec 2023
  • The Ninja arrived but I took it back to Costco, it was too heavy for me to handle.

I finished the burn-in on the Z grill and was satisfied with the results. Empty, the center temp. was +/- 10° of set temp. I was not happy with max temp. which was only around 425°. On the other hand, I was thrilled with the low temp. performance. On the smoke setting (which I mostly use) it seemed to stabilize around 165° with lots of smoke. Tonight, I'll smoke a pre-sous vide tri-tip roast. I'll first sear then smoke to an IT of 125°. The roast was sous vide for 6 hours at 135° and frozen. My better half is off to Costco for some of those $12.99 pellets.
Pages:
Actions