Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 10 Dec 2023
  • I like a sauce called Mae Ploy. I am trying to duplicate it. The heat got away from me, the Mae Ploy is very subtle. This one kicks a bit. If a jalapeno is a 3, this will end up being a 5.

• #2 by SmokinHandyman on 10 Dec 2023
  • I use Mae Ploy all the time.
    Very good.
    I put a little bit in ham salad yesterday.

• #3 by Bentley on 11 Dec 2023
  • Not sure what I will do with the Dross.  Going to try and dry and see if it can be used for anything.  The sauce has a "harshness" to it I cant put my finger on.  Maybe grinding chili whole and cooking does that.  I am not a big fan of vinegar based sauce, but may try and cut a few bottles with that to see how it taste.

Truly a "Colorado" sauce.

• #4 by Bentley on 11 Dec 2023
  • With some blending of vinegar & spices, I was able to mitigate the harshness.  Have these 4 bottles, and 2 one liter bottles in the fridge.  No buying Cholula for awhile.  I am extremely please with the finished product.  Will do some field testing with friends tonight!

• #5 by pmillen on 11 Dec 2023
  • That's extremely clever.  A nice "save".
  • #6 by Bentley on 13 Dec 2023
  • To sweet for this dish, will adjust remaining sauce!  I still had no problem eating it! Homemade biscuits, homemade sausage and homemade sauce!

• #7 by hughver on 13 Dec 2023
  • I use the infuse function on my chamber vacuum machine to make Asian chili oil.
Pages:
Actions