Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by ZCZ on 25 Dec 2023
  • Of the three racks only half a rack left and I saw a lot of bones on the plates.

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to everyone!!
  • #17 by Hank D Thoreau on 25 Dec 2023
  • Here is the Christmas pizza and lasagna. The lasagna was made special for a member or our family that is seriously allergic to milk.

We made it from buffalo cheese which he reacts to the least. It was his first time eating lasagna and he loved it.

The only downside is that buffalo cheese does not melt very well. We used buffalo Mazzarella and buffalo ricotta.

We got some manicotti noodles to use for the leftover cheeses but ended up using rolled up left over lasagna noodles instead.

The pizzas were build-your-own, but we ended up sharing each other's creations. We did a bit of experimentation in our attempt to build the perfect pizza.

They were made using my GMG Daniel Boone with the pizza oven attachment.

I was pretty tired by the time we were done. I am recovering from a fall I took climbing a mountain three weeks ago.

I did a full headfirst face plant. Fortunately, I was able to get out even though I was three hours of rugged terrain from the car.

My Christmas present was a Garmin Mini 2 satellite SOS device so that I can get help the next time something like this happens. Fortunately, I was not climbing solo this time and I was able to get out under my own power.

I will post the lasagna here and the pizza in the next post. The manicotti photo is pre-cook.

[ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #18 by Hank D Thoreau on 25 Dec 2023
  • Here are some pizza shots.

[ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #19 by Bentley on 26 Dec 2023
  • Nice cooks!
  • #20 by Brushpopper on 26 Dec 2023
  • Everything on this thread looks delicious.  We were given some homemade tamales that were huge so we just had them with beans and rice.  Nothing exciting but it sure was easy.

Here is the Christmas pizza and lasagna. The lasagna was made special for a member or our family that is seriously allergic to milk.

Hope you heal up soon Hank.  And it is always nice to hear of someone with a food allergy getting to eat something they've never had.  I almost made myself sick by eating too much pizza the first time I had one with gluten free crust.  That was a long miserable night at work after that.  And I wouldn't care to try and milk a buffalo. 
  • #21 by dk117 on 26 Dec 2023
  • Guys I think I'm done with brisket and beef "dino" ribs.  This is just my second Thor's Hammer beef shank.  The wife and I are sold.

The Christmas dinner was a smorgasbord (daughter 1 vegetarian, daughter 2 mac n cheese).  Here's my lead up and plate:

[ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #22 by ZCZ on 26 Dec 2023
  • As always everything looks REALLY, REALLY good!!
  • #23 by GREG-B on 26 Dec 2023

• May have to give up on Dino ribs myself.  Last couple of times I've been into Butcher Boys, they didn't have them.  The kid behind the counter looked at me and said "what"?  He showed me short ribs.  One more attempt, then I'll cross the river and try Gartners on Lombard Ave. 

• #24 by Bentley on 26 Dec 2023
  • My vote would be shank.
  • #25 by Hank D Thoreau on 27 Dec 2023
  • Today is a special Christmas cook for my son. We are going to make buffalo cheese pizza and garlic cheese bread.

He always has to get bread made special for him at Italian restaurants so this will be a treat.

We also picked up some Lamb Chopper sheep cheese which melts better.

We are going to do an experiment with the cheese bread where we mix different combinations of sheep and buffalo cheese.

The sheep cheese will help increase the meltiness which the buffalo cheese will add another flavor and reduce the allergic reaction.

It should be interesting.
  • #26 by NorCal Smoker on 27 Dec 2023
  • No church on Christmas Eve, so had a chance to make Prime Rib since both kids were home.

No sear, before or after. I prefer a straight 250F smoke on the MAK for an edge to edge medium rare cooking. Just Montreal Steak Seasoning with dried thyme and dried rosemary. Pulled at IT of 130F. Higher than most like it, but right for me. 

First picture is rib roast resting, then Yorkshire Pudding, then full plate with prime rib, yorkshire pudding, creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, and way too much prepared horseradish.

• #27 by NorCal Smoker on 27 Dec 2023
  • As usual, creamed spinach was star of the show.
  • #28 by NorCal Smoker on 27 Dec 2023
  • Christmas day was just Costco spiral ham, green beans and scalloped potatoes.

• #29 by Hank D Thoreau on 28 Dec 2023
  • Christmas cooking is finally over. We made the pizza and garlic cheese bread for our son who is allergic to milk. We use various buffalo cheeses and a sheep cheese called Lamb Chopper, which we got at a local butcher shop.

It all worked out very well. It was a real gift for him to be able to eat these cheesy meals, including the lasagna I posted about earlier in this thread.

This will be remembered as the cheese Christmas for the son who cannot have milk.

In between the Italian dishes there was grilled lobster, sous vide sword fish.

[ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]  
  • #30 by urnmor on 28 Dec 2023
  • All those dinners look fantastic
Pages:
Actions