Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 04 Jan 2024
  • I have not posted much recently so this is what I made last night.  I had a small piece of a pork loin so I butterflied it and stuffed it with a mixture of salt, pepper and paprika, diced mushroom, Jalapeño peppers, breadcrumbs and fontina cheese with a little bit of EVOO and champagne vinegar.   It was placed on a bed of white onions and tomatoes and cooked to an internal temp of 145.  The Potatoes were par boiled, then tossed with spices and EVOO and added to the pan.

• #2 by pmillen on 04 Jan 2024
  • A clever recipe.  It sounds good and looks good.  Paired with a white wine or a rosé at the "reddest"?

I'm looking at the photographs and trying to visualize the stuffing process.  Did you butterfly the piece, coat it with your mixture, roll it and secure it with twine?
  • #3 by Bentley on 04 Jan 2024
  • Does the fontina cheese hold up well to heat?
  • #4 by urnmor on 05 Jan 2024
  • A clever recipe.  It sounds good and looks good.  Paired with a white wine or a rosé at the "reddest"?

I'm looking at the photographs and trying to visualize the stuffing process.  Did you butterfly the piece, coat it with your mixture, roll it and secure it with twine?

We had a Chardonnay

I did butterfly it coated the first piece with a tad of EVOO then the mixture folded one piece over did the same process top it with the last piece and used toothpicks to hold together.  Cooked to internal temp of 145
  • #5 by urnmor on 05 Jan 2024
  • Does the fontina cheese hold up well to heat?

I grated it and mixed it into he stuffing. It held up very well and did not spill over
  • #6 by hughver on 05 Jan 2024
  • Very creative! Looks delicious.
Pages:
Actions