Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Jughead on 09 Oct 2017
  • I can get a great deal on the DLX and add the searbox. I would probably save about $200 over the woodwind. Thoughts? What are the major differences?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• #2 by bregent on 09 Oct 2017
  • As far as I know the main differences are that the Woodwind adds the stainless lid, front casters, and bottom shelf.
  • #3 by Bentley on 09 Oct 2017
  • I don't know, and this is the reason why I wish Manufactures would look in every couple of weeks...but it does not appear that will happen!  Does the DLX have that easy clean combustion chamber?
  • #4 by Jughead on 09 Oct 2017
  • I don't know, and this is the reason why I wish Manufactures would look in every couple of weeks...but it does not appear that will happen!  Does the DLX have that easy clean combustion chamber?
    Yes it does. Mainly I was curious about controls and sturdiness without the bottom shelf. I really wont be moving it much as we have year-round good weather here in so cal. A little more sturdy chassis isn't worth the price difference to me. This will be my first smoker, I thought I was set on the rec-tec, but there are things I really like about the campchefs

• #5 by bten on 09 Oct 2017
  • Other than the casters and shelf, I think the Woodwind has a newer controller (different color LED).  The probe port is higher on the Woodwind, it is supposed to lessen the chance of failure.
  • #6 by Jughead on 09 Oct 2017
  • Other than the casters and shelf, I think the Woodwind has a newer controller (different color LED).  The probe port is higher on the Woodwind, it is supposed to lessen the chance of failure.
    How is the old controller? Is there a way to upgrade controllers if needed?

• #7 by Polekitty on 10 Oct 2017
  • I got my Smokepro DLX in July and have used it every weekend except one since then. I have had zero issues. I rolled it in and out of the garage for a month before I got the cover then moved it to the patio and it is just as steardy as the day I assembled it. The controller has worked just as advertised with no big temp swings like others have reported. Maybe I've been lucky, but it was the best decision I've made do far. As for cleanup, I thought it was going to be just empty the cup and move on, but that's not the case. I have to clean it out every 3 cooks to remove ash and clean the drip pan. A small vacuum from Harbor Freight and a heavy duty scrapper is all I needed so far. The grill fits in my dishwasher just fine so that hasn't been any problems. The other main reason I bought a CC is the reports of great customer service and the 3 year warranty. 
  • #8 by Vision on 10 Oct 2017
  • I would get the Lux.
  • #9 by Jughead on 10 Oct 2017
  • I would get the Lux.
    For what reasons?

• #10 by Vision on 11 Oct 2017
  • The camp chef's all have the same works, you'll want the extra room of the Lux.
  • #11 by Jughead on 11 Oct 2017
  • The camp chef's all have the same works, you'll want the extra room of the Lux.
    Thank you for the tip

Pages:
Actions