Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It is Anniversary time  (Read 364 times)

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
It is Anniversary time
« on: January 09, 2024, 08:32:24 AM »

My question to the group is do we go out for our 55th anniversary or do I cook at home.  Now we did just come back from a week in Istanbul and a 13 day cruise to Rome>. If I cook wha do you all recommend.  I am thinking a quiet dinner but never know and most likely will not exceed 6 or 8

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: It is Anniversary time
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 12:51:13 PM »

I suggest that you go to dinner at a fine, quiet restaurant, even though you've recently had several restaurant meals.  This one needs to be special.

Sit next to her, talk quietly, tell her that you love her more than you did 55 years ago and tell her what your current vows are.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 01:11:49 PM »

I guess it depends on whether there is a nice restaurant that you really like in a close enough distance to home.  We have a few nice restaurants here in town, but frankly we can cook better than they can and we enjoy what we cook more than paying some of the outrageous prices and average service a lot of even the top end offer.

urnmor

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 05:48:51 PM »

You have both summed it up perfectly and there is my dilemma.   

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 10:06:17 PM »

I would think if she helps you cook or likes to help, I would ask her about her preference.

Possibly she may not want to clean up after 6 or 8 people on her anniversary, you may not want to do that.

If it is a special anniversary I would probably want to make some of our favorite dishes and just spend the day together doing it.

urnmor

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 10:24:09 PM »

I would think if she helps you cook or likes to help, I would ask her about her preference.

Possibly she may not want to clean up after 6 or 8 people on her anniversary, you may not want to do that.

If it is a special anniversary I would probably want to make some of our favorite dishes and just spend the day together doing it.

Actually I do it all to include cleaning up.  I find it , believe it or not very therapeutic.  Especially with my music and a good glass of wine.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up