Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 10 Jan 2024
  • To each their own.  But to me, there is a reason it is a cut that is bacon wrapped, or used as Steak Oscar or Steak Diane or Steak au Poivre.  It is ridiculously tender, but begs for a sauce!

And to answer what it tastes like, neither brisket nor tri-tip.  It does have a subtle flavor unto its own!
  • #17 by dk117 on 10 Jan 2024
  • now you've got me thinking.  Do I love tenderloin, or do I love the butter, garlic, salt, pepper and bĂ©arnaise?

I'd say both. 
  • #18 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Jan 2024
  • Peppercorn sauce on filet mignon is great IMO
  • #19 by hughver on 11 Jan 2024
  • I served with sauteed mushrooms, and everyone liked it. I've still have the 2.5 lb. roast left and will serve it to a different set of guest (my oldest son and family) tomorrow night. I'll reheat it in my steam oven set to the sous vide mode set to whatever temperature that they prefer. This time I think that I'll try Bar-B-LEW's suggestion and use a peppercorn sauce.
  • #20 by hughver on 11 Jan 2024

Do you use cognac or brandy? If cognac, does quality matter? I have brandy and but also VS, VSOP and XO cognac.
  • #21 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 Jan 2024

Do you use cognac or brandy? If cognac, does quality matter? I have brandy and but also VS, VSOP and XO cognac.

I've never made a peppercorn sauce, but love it when I go to a good steakhouse and it is available on their menu.
Pages:
Actions