Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 09 Jan 2024
  • My question to the group is do we go out for our 55th anniversary or do I cook at home.  Now we did just come back from a week in Istanbul and a 13 day cruise to Rome>. If I cook wha do you all recommend.  I am thinking a quiet dinner but never know and most likely will not exceed 6 or 8
  • #2 by pmillen on 09 Jan 2024
  • I suggest that you go to dinner at a fine, quiet restaurant, even though you've recently had several restaurant meals.  This one needs to be special.

Sit next to her, talk quietly, tell her that you love her more than you did 55 years ago and tell her what your current vows are.
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 09 Jan 2024
  • I guess it depends on whether there is a nice restaurant that you really like in a close enough distance to home.  We have a few nice restaurants here in town, but frankly we can cook better than they can and we enjoy what we cook more than paying some of the outrageous prices and average service a lot of even the top end offer.
  • #4 by urnmor on 09 Jan 2024
  • You have both summed it up perfectly and there is my dilemma.   
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 09 Jan 2024
  •  I would think if she helps you cook or likes to help, I would ask her about her preference.

Possibly she may not want to clean up after 6 or 8 people on her anniversary, you may not want to do that.

If it is a special anniversary I would probably want to make some of our favorite dishes and just spend the day together doing it.
  • #6 by urnmor on 09 Jan 2024
  • I would think if she helps you cook or likes to help, I would ask her about her preference.

Possibly she may not want to clean up after 6 or 8 people on her anniversary, you may not want to do that.

If it is a special anniversary I would probably want to make some of our favorite dishes and just spend the day together doing it.

Actually I do it all to include cleaning up.  I find it , believe it or not very therapeutic.  Especially with my music and a good glass of wine.   
Pages:
Actions