Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pmillen on 27 Jan 2024
  • Here's a photograph of a beef rib roast seasoned on all sides.

When it's served, the people who receive the two end slices will get a great deal more seasoning than those who are served the middle slices.

That doesn't seem appropriate to me.  Don't the end slices have too much seasoning for most people?
  • #2 by jdmessner on 28 Jan 2024
  • Here's a photograph of a beef rib roast seasoned on all sides.

When it's served, the people who receive the two end slices will get a great deal more seasoning than those who are served the middle slices.

That doesn't seem appropriate to me.  Don't the end slices have too much seasoning for most people?

I have also wondered about that. My conclusion was that the people who eat the end pieces are probably the ones who are asking for a piece of meat that is well done. They don't have any taste to begin with and can use any extra seasoning they can get!
  • #3 by reubenray on 28 Jan 2024
  • My wife prefers the end piece due it being done more, but she wants the extra seasoning also.
  • #4 by yorkdude on 28 Jan 2024
  • My wife prefers the end piece due it being done more, but she wants the extra seasoning also.
    Exactly how my Son in law likes it. Done and seasoned heavy.
  • #5 by urnmor on 28 Jan 2024
  • I always season all sides.  I have also found that those who prefer the end pieces also prefer their cut cooked more or enjoy more spices. 
  • #6 by Kristin Meredith on 28 Jan 2024
  • I don't like how well done the end pieces are, but I love the extra seasoning so if no one else wants one, I will take it.
  • #7 by Canadian John on 28 Jan 2024

•  I am with all of you - sort of...  If the roast is overly rare, I prefer the end cut due to texture & taste, seasoned or not.. Otherwise an inner sice is in order..

• #8 by pmillen on 28 Jan 2024
  • The answer to my question, "Don't the end slices have too much seasoning for most people?"  is "No."  It may be exactly what many people want.
  • #9 by BigDave83 on 28 Jan 2024
  • I would like the extra seasoned ends but I like mine pretty rare so I never end up with
    an end.
  • #10 by egmont on 28 Jan 2024
  • My son eats his steak medium rare (he’s 19) but goes for the end first because he loves the seasoning. I cut the ends fairly thin because his second piece will be a medium rare slice.
  • #11 by Bentley on 29 Jan 2024
  • Tough crowd in here, but to answer the title of the thread, Yes!
  • #12 by Jimsbarbecue on 30 Jan 2024
  • I find there is always someone wanting the end slices
Pages:
Actions