Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boneless beef chuck short ribs  (Read 328 times)

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
Boneless beef chuck short ribs
« on: January 29, 2024, 03:44:15 PM »

I picked up 8 lbs. of boneless beef chuck short ribs at Costco business center today and I could use some help in their preparation. My initial though is to season, smoke on low (160°) to an IT of ~100°~ 1-1.5 hours, then place in a sealed foil pan with some beef broth and cook in the home oven at 350° for 3 hours. i.e. sort of cook like a normal chuck roast. Maybe add some vegetables (carrots, onion bell pepper, celery etc.) to the pan. Any additional thoughts or ideas?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 03:48:00 PM by hughver »
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

hughver

• University of Louisiana
Re: Boneless beef chuck short ribs
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 01:14:18 PM »

These ribs are USDA choice and well marbled. Someone suggested sous vide for 48 hours at 132° and serve with a red wine sauce. Has anyone tried this?
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
Re: Boneless beef chuck short ribs
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 02:18:21 PM »

I picked up 8 lbs. of boneless beef chuck short ribs at Costco business center today and I could use some help in their preparation. My initial though is to season, smoke on low (160°) to an IT of ~100°~ 1-1.5 hours, then place in a sealed foil pan with some beef broth and cook in the home oven at 350° for 3 hours. i.e. sort of cook like a normal chuck roast. Maybe add some vegetables (carrots, onion bell pepper, celery etc.) to the pan. Any additional thoughts or ideas?

I think this sounds like a solid plan. I would also be in favor of adding the veggies.
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio
Pages: [1]   Go Up