Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by hughver on 29 Jan 2024
  • I picked up 8 lbs. of boneless beef chuck short ribs at Costco business center today and I could use some help in their preparation. My initial though is to season, smoke on low (160°) to an IT of ~100°~ 1-1.5 hours, then place in a sealed foil pan with some beef broth and cook in the home oven at 350° for 3 hours. i.e. sort of cook like a normal chuck roast. Maybe add some vegetables (carrots, onion bell pepper, celery etc.) to the pan. Any additional thoughts or ideas?
  • #2 by hughver on 30 Jan 2024
  • These ribs are USDA choice and well marbled. Someone suggested sous vide for 48 hours at 132° and serve with a red wine sauce. Has anyone tried this?
  • #3 by jdmessner on 30 Jan 2024
  • I picked up 8 lbs. of boneless beef chuck short ribs at Costco business center today and I could use some help in their preparation. My initial though is to season, smoke on low (160°) to an IT of ~100°~ 1-1.5 hours, then place in a sealed foil pan with some beef broth and cook in the home oven at 350° for 3 hours. i.e. sort of cook like a normal chuck roast. Maybe add some vegetables (carrots, onion bell pepper, celery etc.) to the pan. Any additional thoughts or ideas?

I think this sounds like a solid plan. I would also be in favor of adding the veggies.
Pages:
Actions