Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BigDave83 on 31 Jan 2024
  •  Cut up some boneless skinless thighs. Dredged in seasoned flour, then egg, then corn flakes I put through the food processor. Laid out on a sheet pan and sprayed with some avocado oil spray, in to the air fryer basket flipping them over to spray the other side.  13 minutes at 385°.

Came out well but needs more seasoning next go, only used SPG.
  • #2 by urnmor on 01 Feb 2024
  • They look great how did they taste
  • #3 by Bentley on 01 Feb 2024
  • Back when Parts was Parts.  The way I like it with some brown color and plenty of flavor!  When a nugget did not have to be breast so the soccer moms could feel good about not cooking!!
  • #4 by hughver on 01 Feb 2024
  • I'll surely try this. Only with breast since that's all I have.
  • #5 by yorkdude on 01 Feb 2024
  • Back when Parts was Parts.  The way I like it with some brown color and plenty of flavor!  When a nugget did not have to be breast so the soccer moms could feel good about not cooking!!
    Exactly, they are not the same.
    I truly will pass everytime on white meat but my wife doesn’t agree. So very dry.
  • #6 by BigDave83 on 01 Feb 2024
    Exactly, they are not the same.
    I truly will pass everytime on white meat but my wife doesn’t agree. So very dry.

I agree on the dry breast meat, I will not  eat it if we go out somewhere or even if we go to her family and they cook it or turkey.

I have found that sous vide chicken breast at 140-142° for 4-5 hours makes a nice juicy piece of meat. I will take them out and shred for in the buffalo chicken pasta or for quesadillas or what ever I can use shredded chicken for. I will ice them down out of the SV bath and in fridge for later, then season and toss on the grill or in a pan and just bring back up to that 140 mark if I want whole pieces. The Gf is not a fan of meat with bone in it, she will eat it but would rather not.
  • #7 by Bentley on 01 Feb 2024
  • Even cooked perfectly, they have no flavor!  That is why they are only good for Cordon Bleu!
  • #8 by hughver on 02 Feb 2024
  • I also only sous vide chicken breast, normally at 140°. If I did air fry, I'd attempt to still not exceed IT of 140°.
  • #9 by Big Bear on 02 Feb 2024
  • Though my go to bird meat is the darker cuts I find that a proper brine infused with herbs and aromatics not only keeps the breasts juicy but also imparts flavor to an otherwise bland piece of bird. I started doing this brining after having watched an Episode of Alton Brown's Good Eats called "Romancing the Bird". After using his method I won't cook a turkey, or any other fowl any other way. It was the first turkey I actually enjoyed the white meat. Should you google this episode be sure to also look at the Sweet Corn Bread Pudding recipe. Good, and I don't like cornbread.

Have a nice day....
  • #10 by ylr on 02 Feb 2024
  • As with my grilled chicken strips, I marinade my chicken nuggets in Lawry's Hawaiian marinade for an hour before dredging them in a homemade mix of seasoned flour. I deep fry mine, but I don't know why you couldn't use an air fryer, as the nugget surface is pretty dry after it's dredged. The Lawry's and seasoned(I use seasoned salt, black pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, and sage in mine) flour combine for a pretty flavorful nugget, if I do say so myself! :lick:
  • #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Feb 2024
  • I guess I am an outlier here.  I only eat chicken or turkey white meat other than chicken wings.
Pages:
Actions