Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Hank D Thoreau on 04 Feb 2024
  • The big storm (second of two phases) is about to hit Southern California. We finished prepping yesterday. I managed to fix breakfast on my griddle late this morning which was a surprise.

I have a beef chuck in the crock pot for shredded beef (the first time I have done it without the smoker) which hopefully will finish before we have any power issues.

Cooked shredded chicken yesterday so we are all set for street tacos while we wait out the storm.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by urnmor on 05 Feb 2024
  • Be safe and our prayers are with you and your family
  • #3 by reubenray on 05 Feb 2024
  • Are you in a risk area for flooding or loss of power?
  • #4 by Canadian John on 05 Feb 2024

•  Thankfully, not like in bygone years, there is ample warning...   Hopefully you evolve unscathed!
  • #5 by jdmessner on 05 Feb 2024
  • Looks like you are ready to ride the storm out, I hope you get through it OK. Any updates? Stay safe.
  • #6 by yorkdude on 05 Feb 2024
  • Yes stay safe.
  • #7 by Hank D Thoreau on 05 Feb 2024
  • A few years ago a giant tree fell on a neighbor's house and took out the power pole feeding our house. Our power was down from three days since we were lower priority than essential services like hospitals.

Finally, they brought in 250 ton crane to set up a 500 ton crane that they used to replace the power pole.

• #8 by BigDave83 on 06 Feb 2024
  • A few years ago a giant tree fell on a neighbor's house and took out the power pole feeding our house. Our power was down from three days since we were lower priority than essential services like hospitals.

Finally, they brought in 250 ton crane to set up a 500 ton crane that they used to replace the power pole.

That must be a serious power pole. 
  • #9 by Hank D Thoreau on 06 Feb 2024

That must be a serious power pole.

It was a cantilever situation. They had to place the pole on a ridge on the other side of the house that the tree fell on. They had to lift the pole over the house and the back yard from the street in front of the house.

The 250 ton crane had to place a large metal plate that the 500 ton crane sat on. It was quite an operation. I would go down and talk to the supervisor while they doing it. It was our entertainment while our power was out.
Pages:
Actions