All Things Considered > General Discussion--Non food Related

Memphis Grills Acquired by Alfresco Grills

(1/4) > >>

ZCZ:
News to me too.
https://www.cookoutnews.com/alfresco-grills-ses-acquires-premium-grill-maker-memphis-grills/

ZCZ:
I worked on the engineering side of the grills for several years (2010 - 2012).  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  I’m sure the new owners have an excellent customer support department.

ZCZ:
I saw they were bringing production back to the US.  That’s good.

Canadian John:
  The downward slide around the time China became involved in manufacturing was evident to me that the company lost interest & went into a,  just keep it alive mode.

The sell off makes sense now.

We'll have to wait with fingers crossed to see what happens. There is a lot of work to do in reviving the dealer network and customer acceptance.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: Canadian John on February 05, 2024, 08:47:07 AM ---There is a lot of work to do in reviving the dealer network and customer acceptance.

--- End quote ---

They may not plan to use the old/existing Memphis dealer network.  From the press release ZCZ posted, "They also are going to transition distribution to their current Alfresco / Artisan distributor network."

Using their Alfresco distributor network doesn't necessarily mean that they'll use their sales network.  The distributors could revive the old Memphis retail outlets, but I suspect that they won't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View