Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 20 Feb 2024
  • I recently had a pacemaker installed and I am restricted in what I can do.  I cannot exercise, lift my left arm above my shoulder, no driving and no lifting more the ten pound.  Some of this will be lifted at my next doctor's appointment.  So what is left: Cooking and baking.  So today I made a coffee cake with coffee buttercream infused with chicory and coffee essence and a coffee glazed also infused with chicory and coffee essence.  The cake was topped with pecans and chocolate chips and served with fresh whipped cream.
  • #2 by pmillen on 20 Feb 2024
  • An excellent test.   ;)
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 20 Feb 2024
  • Looks delicious.  Hope your healing progresses well!!!
  • #4 by hughver on 20 Feb 2024
  • When I was growing up in New Orleans, virtually all coffee that my dad made contained chicory. The cake looks superb. I have not seen chicory in recent years.

I had a pacemaker installed two years ago and except for the lump in my chest near my left arm it was no big deal. In fact, I was fully awake during the entire procedure and went home with the same instructions. At last check, mine still had 10 years of battery life left.
  • #5 by Bentley on 20 Feb 2024
  • Beautiful creation!
  • #6 by BigDave83 on 20 Feb 2024
  • That looks fantastic, I am not a coffee person but I would try a small piece of it.
  • #7 by GREG-B on 20 Feb 2024
  • Well......IF you could drive, that'd keep you awake for a few days.
  • #8 by jdmessner on 20 Feb 2024
  • That is quite literally my kind of "coffee" cake! Hope the recovery goes well and restrictions will soon be lifted.
  • #9 by urnmor on 20 Feb 2024
  • Thank you all recovery is going well I am just bored.  As for the cake it is from the Ballymaloe Restaurant in Ireland.  I have the dessert book and have made a number of desserts from it.  When we go to Ireland (still in the planing stages) I will go there. 
Pages:
Actions