Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 10 Mar 2024
  • Got the seed germinating this morning!
  • #2 by dk117 on 11 Mar 2024
  • I cannot say weird weather year in the Pacific Northwest has any meaning anymore.   I am however trying something new.  I'm going to wait.  I've tried early germination and it didn't increase yields. 

Wife and I have been itching to get started, yet the weather says not ready yet.   Will start in the garage, move to the greenhouse, then to the garden in May. 
  • #3 by Bentley on 11 Mar 2024
  • These wont go in the ground for 6-8 weeks, just hope to be a nice 4-6 inches by that time.  And that we have had our last frost.  These wont see the outside till after May Day!  Cant see much.

• #4 by Bentley on 11 Mar 2024
  • The raspberry canes have started to bloom.  Got half of them trimmed.

• #5 by Bentley on 25 Mar 2024
  • It took 6 months, but just finished the last raised bed this afternoon!  The 1st four, were pretty rough and not uniform, but they are in the back.  The last 8 were pretty uniform.  Will plant shortly after May 1.

• #6 by Bentley on 02 May 2024
  • Lots of unusual heat here off and on over the last 2 weeks.  As high as 89°.  Supposed to rain this weekend.  I rolled the dice and planted the Pasillo Banjo, Guajillo, Jalamundo, Bhut Jolokia (for what reason?) and 1 Mini Sweet Bell (no idea which of the 3 colors).  Tomorrows high is to only be 81°, so should be a great time to finish with the Super Sioux, San Marzano & the Roma VF!

Pmillen forwarded an interesting youtube link about adding a broken up, unpeeled banana, underneath each tomato plant, so will be interested how that goes in a few weeks!

Pictures later!
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 02 May 2024
  • Had to do a search to see what those firs ones were, quite a selection That Jalamundo looks like something I would like, I am always picking up jalapenos in the store or fruit market  when i see larger ones, then I swing by the sausage section and if i am lucky can find some manager park down stuff.
Pages:
Actions