All Things Considered > General Discussion--Food Related

What's Cooking for Easter?

<< < (2/4) > >>

dk117:
green bean casserole (like on the back of a French's package) from the wife and I'll probably make some deviled eggs.  Headed to the in-laws.  Normally we'd host an ornate brunch.  As the kids have gotten college aged and COVID put us in full on lapsed Catholic category... just not as fun anymore.   

[ Invalid Attachment ]

ylr:
The only thing I'm smoking is a pork butt; going to try Lambert's Sweet Rub O' Mine(with a dash of cayenne), with a sorghum molasses coating, and see how that works. Others are bringing a ham, and there's too many sides to count.  :lick:

jdmessner:

--- Quote from: BigDave83 on March 29, 2024, 07:30:04 AM ---Sounds like you deserve a break from the Easter meal, with all the other cooking you do.

May I ask how large of a congregation you are cooking for?

For myself, my cousin's husband volunteered me to cook and host Easter dinner. Pretty plain and basic, I am not able to work outside the box. Ham and carbs pretty much. Mashed potatoes, noodles, corn , bread, stuffing, and some kind of cake, the cousin is bringing a strawberry pole cake, so keeping with that theme I am going to do a Boston Cream Pie poke cake. Probably only be about 15 people.

--- End quote ---

They are fairly small groups. There were 26 at the Maundy Thursday service. I am not anticipating more than a dozen at the Sunrise Service. We are making a push for people to watch on Facebook if they don't want to face the elements. The Easter dinner  however, will probably serve 125+ people. My only job will be to drop off lunches to those who are shut-in.

jdmessner:

--- Quote from: pmillen on March 29, 2024, 12:32:11 PM ---Younger members of my relatively new extended family are fussy eaters and their parents cater to it.  As a result I've been charged with grilling pork chops.  I bought a pork loin and will cut two-inch boneless chops from it, brine them and two-zone grill them in my kamado.  It would be easier to grill them on the PK but it won't hold them all.  Others are making the sides.

--- End quote ---

Would you mind sharing your brine recipe? I am doing pork chops for our family Easter, which we will celebrate the Saturday after Easter.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: jdmessner on March 29, 2024, 06:59:29 PM ---Would you mind sharing your brine recipe? I am doing pork chops for our family Easter, which we will celebrate the Saturday after Easter.

--- End quote ---

I'll happily offer it up.  I posted it in Basic Brine a couple of years ago.

EDIT:  This is my favorite pork chop recipe.  It's what I'm doing again for this Easter meal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View