Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Apr 2024
  • I was on a video conference call for work this morning when I felt my house shaking as I sat at my desk in the basement.  It felt like my washer with a big load of wash in its spin cycle on steroids, like a huge truck rattling down the street, and like a very long strong roll of thunder.  It probably lasted 5-10 seconds, and was one of the strangest experiences in my life.  I live about 50 miles west of its epicenter.  Never thought I would have felt an earthquake in my life on the East Coast.  Never felt one in my short 15-18 months in Southern California.

Nothing fell of the walls or tables. No damages.

Anyone else feel it this morning?
  • #2 by ylr on 05 Apr 2024
  • 4.8 magnitude is a good one, especially in that part of the US!! I've felt a couple of tremors myself, nothing more than a 4, I think. Still waiting on when the New Madrid will cut loose again! ;)
  • #3 by urnmor on 06 Apr 2024
  • Our Daughter who lives in Scott Plains NJ also felt it.  She hah cups fall and there was a crack in her street They live about 26 miles from the epicenter.  She also thought it lasted about 15 seconds however others said it lasted almost 30 seconds. She was. Recently in one in OK and said thought this one was worse.  I am sure do to the ages of the buildings.

Where her husband works they had a big piece of equipment move 6 feet.

Later that night around 7 she called again and said there was a 4.1 after shock.

Iam glad all are safe
Pages:
Actions