Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by MysticRhythms on 13 Apr 2024
  • I am probably the least desirable type of forum member, I come regularly but don't really contribute much.

However, I have to say thank you to everyone here.

I am on a forum for my Ram and while I enjoy how active and informative the forum is, it also has a few jerks that have me on the verge of leaving.
    We all know that there are people out there that have opinions on everything and can never be wrong. When they are proven wrong they either ignore the issue or try and change what they said by arguing semantics.

When I come here I know that the posts will be mature, well thought out, and informative.
    I also know that on the rare occasion that there is a disagreement the parties will be mature and respectful.

I realize that there is far less controversy involved when discussing how to best cook ribs than there is when you are debating the merits of your vehicle engine shutting down at stop lights.
    But even the Covid vaccination thread was almost completely free of drama. There was a fair amount of people with opposing points of view but the discussion was respectful and people were able to discuss it maturely. With only one exception that I can think of without going back and reading it again.

So thank you to Bentley and Kristin for creating such a great place and to all the members for keeping it that way.

• #2 by WiPelletHead on 13 Apr 2024
  • Very well said. This forum has no controversy or obnoxious members.  So different than other forums. And FB is the worst. Every troll signs up there. I joined one or 2 Explorer groups and I don't even  follow them. Thank you Bentley and Meredith.
  • #3 by urnmor on 14 Apr 2024
  • It is a very much a fun forum over the years ihave learned a lot about grilling and BBQing
  • #4 by Canadian John on 14 Apr 2024

•   Well said Mystic.  That was worth the wait.

I wouldn't count myself as least desirable at all..On the contrary.. We are not all the same - thank goodness. Some of us tend to be less voistress than others.
  • #5 by Bentley on 14 Apr 2024
  • Thank you! We are in Italy right now but Dodge still rules!
  • #6 by dk117 on 15 Apr 2024
  • I'm in a wide range of online forums.  BBQ, Star Wars, Fantasy Books, Toyota Tacoma.

I recently joined a 45+ Tacoma facebook group.  I suppose I'm now on board with the generational bashing.  The other Toyota groups I'm on are largely a mess.  The 45+ one is very much like pelletfan.  Positive and respectful. 
  • #7 by atlasx2001 on 16 Apr 2024
  • I'm in a wide range of online forums.  BBQ, Star Wars, Fantasy Books, Toyota Tacoma.

I recently joined a 45+ Tacoma facebook group.  I suppose I'm now on board with the generational bashing.  The other Toyota groups I'm on are largely a mess.  The 45+ one is very much like pelletfan.  Positive and respectful.

You should look at the 3D printing forums...they are great at bashing people that are trying to learn.    I completely agree that this is a great forum where you can ask questions and people are willing to share.
  • #8 by Kristin Meredith on 21 Apr 2024
  • Thank you for the lovely compliment. I truly believe most of the thanks goes to the members who have all been so respectful of each other.
Pages:
Actions