Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 10 Oct 2017
  •  Just curious as to how you deal with if at all, grease and/or oil stains on your wood or concrete patio or deck?
  • #2 by Greg1 on 10 Oct 2017
  • I use a product called Grease B Gone.  Works awesome.
  • #3 by hughver on 10 Oct 2017
  • Concrete is easy, wood, not so much. Muriatic acid or Behr's concrete cleaner from Home Depot work great for concrete. Wood can be problematic, once oil penetrates the wood it's hard to remove without adversely effecting the wood appearance. I use a product similar to this to protect the floor: http://www.homedepot.com/p/30-in-x-60-in-Brown-BBQ-Mat-19402/302773561
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Oct 2017
  • I let it lie on the concrete.
  • #5 by SmokinHandyman on 10 Oct 2017
  • Actually, I never have any spots.
  • #6 by MP09 on 10 Oct 2017
  • Pumice stone works good...
  • #7 by SmokinHandyman on 10 Oct 2017
  • What are you guys cooking so greasy?
    That is what the drip bucket os for
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Oct 2017
  • I get creosote from the used Blazn I bought dripping out of the chimney cap and the place where the chimney is screwed into the side of the chamber.

I also get grease from letting cooking utensils (tongs, etc.) hanging off of the side of the shelves or hooks on my other grills.

Sometimes, if I do not dump the drip bucket and it rains really hard the water will overflow from the drip bucket.

It's all part of cooking to me so I don't get too worried about it.  My wife on the other hand feels a little bit different about it.

• #9 by Bobitis on 10 Oct 2017
  • My pit doesn't have a chimney, and I've not noticed anything dripping anywhere after 4 years of use.
    I do have a cheap door mat of the appropriate size under it just in case. 10 bucks is well worth me not having to scrub anything.
  • #10 by hughver on 10 Oct 2017
  • My pit doesn't have a chimney, and I've not noticed anything dripping anywhere after 4 years of use.
    I do have a cheap door mat of the appropriate size under it just in case. 10 bucks is well worth me not having to scrub anything.

+1
  • #11 by Herb on 11 Oct 2017
  • I've had success removing grease stains from concrete/patio stones/pavers by using Dawn full strength and brushing it into the stain. Leave overnight and hose it off the next day.
  • #12 by ZCZ on 11 Oct 2017
  • Place Dawn dish soap on the spot and wait for it to rain.  They will disappear.  Also works on your driveway if someone comes who has an engine leaking oil. 
    The only ones I get on my patio are when moving meat from the grill to a dish or pan.  Not an issue with the Memphis Pro.  Used to be an issue with the Memphis Select until they got rid of the bucket and went to an internal grease tray.
    Z
  • #13 by Clonesmoker on 11 Oct 2017
  • What are you guys cooking so greasy?
    That is what the drip bucket os for

Before I figured it out and put a paper towel in grease outlet of my GMG DB, after storing it outside with a cover over it, if the temps get high enough, it would drip out the grease outlet. The outer tray folds down after you remove the grease bucket for storage purposes. By putting a paper towel in the outlet now, whenever I cook I will pull it out of the outlet and put it in the bucket. It will soak up the grease and makes emptying/cleaning out the bucket a whole lot easier as I will do about 6 cooks or so depending on what I am cooking before I empty the grease bucket. Having all those paper towels helps soak up a lot of grease.
  • #14 by pmillen on 11 Oct 2017
  • Go to the Home Depot web site and search on grill mat.  You'll see about five that should catch drippings.
  • #15 by Lothar1974 on 11 Oct 2017
  • The only ones I get on my patio are when moving meat from the grill to a dish or pan.  Not an issue with the Memphis Pro.  Used to be an issue with the Memphis Select until they got rid of the bucket and went to an internal grease tray.
    Z

+2  with my Memphis Elite
Pages:
Actions