Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by airedale on 11 Oct 2017
  • I have used this really dumb technique quite successfully with garage floor oil stains:

Cover the stain with a layer of Oil-Dry, soak the Oil-Dry with 100LL aviation gas (which dries with no residue).  Let is soak a minute or two on the stain, then brush the mixture back and forth a few times with a broom.  Scoop the wet Oil-Dry up with a nonsparking shovel and put it in a garbage can outdoors until all the avgas has evaporated.  For a solvent you could probably substitute acetone, lacquer thinner, etc. for the avgas.  The key is a solvent that dries with no residue.
    • airedale
  • #17 by SmokinHandyman on 12 Oct 2017
  • I have used this really dumb technique quite successfully with garage floor oil stains:

Cover the stain with a layer of Oil-Dry, soak the Oil-Dry with 100LL aviation gas (which dries with no residue).  Let is soak a minute or two on the stain, then brush the mixture back and forth a few times with a broom.  Scoop the wet Oil-Dry up with a nonsparking shovel and put it in a garbage can outdoors until all the avgas has evaporated.  For a solvent you could probably substitute acetone, lacquer thinner, etc. for the avgas.  The key is a solvent that dries with no residue.

Do you smoke a cigarette at the same time?
  • #18 by GREG-B on 12 Oct 2017
  • Had some hot sauce once that said it would remove grease spots from driveway.   [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #19 by Canadian John on 23 Oct 2017
  •  Thank you ALL for the excellent suggestions..I am not a slob but do manage to inadvertently drip something onto the concrete patio once in a while.
  • #20 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Oct 2017
  • Had some hot sauce once that said it would remove grease spots from driveway.   [ Invalid Attachment ]

Dave's Insanity sauce
  • #21 by DE on 23 Oct 2017
  • Just curious if anyone ever tried Coke?
  • #22 by Bentley on 23 Oct 2017
  • Do they still make Prell shampoo?
  • #23 by JimAZ on 23 Oct 2017
  • Prell  is still made but a little hard to find. I found it at Walmart in the past. It will work similar to Dawn detergent mentioned earlier in the thread.
Pages:
Actions