Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Papa Murphy's  (Read 5067 times)

RWhyman

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: Papa Murphy's
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2018, 10:40:05 PM »

I frequently cook PM pizza's on my Blaz'n Grill with a stone. I use the cardboard tray for the first 10 minutes, then slide the pizza off onto the stone to get the crust cooked the way I like it. Nice color and crispy. I rotate the pizza every 5 minutes. Usually cook at around 450º. Time depends on whether I have a thin, regular or double crust. I always add more ingredients, cheese and spice. Never the same twice.
Blaz'n Grand Slam, Yoder 640, 36" Blackstone Griddle, RecTec 340 & 22" Blackstone Griddle in the 5th Wheel

ShannyBananny

• Using less gas.
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2018, 04:40:39 PM »

I frequently cook PM pizza's on my Blaz'n Grill with a stone. I use the cardboard tray for the first 10 minutes, then slide the pizza off onto the stone to get the crust cooked the way I like it. Nice color and crispy. I rotate the pizza every 5 minutes. Usually cook at around 450º. Time depends on whether I have a thin, regular or double crust. I always add more ingredients, cheese and spice. Never the same twice.
Do you preheat the stone?  I was curious how some people were getting the soft doughy pizza onto a stone before it's cooked so I think I will try your method.
Rec Tec 700 Bull (ordered)
Rec Tec 300 Mini

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2018, 05:49:38 PM »

I put the stone in my Daniel Boone while it is heating up.  I keep the pizza in the foil or cardboard tray until the pizza is just about done.  I then look at the crust and if necessary I will take it out of the tray and put it directly on the stone.  Most of the time I don't have to remove it from the tray.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

ShannyBananny

• Using less gas.
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2018, 05:51:28 PM »

I put the stone in my Daniel Boone while it is heating up.  I keep the pizza in the foil or cardboard tray until the pizza is just about done.  I then look at the crust and if necessary I will take it out of the tray and put it directly on the stone.  Most of the time I don't have to remove it from the tray.

So you cook it the entire time in the cardboard tray on top of the pizza stone and if needed, transfer it to the stone?  Will definitely try this!
Rec Tec 700 Bull (ordered)
Rec Tec 300 Mini

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2018, 07:37:02 PM »

Yep!
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up