Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackstone Thread  (Read 4601 times)

TechMOGogy

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Ontario, Canada
Re: Blackstone Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2017, 02:35:12 PM »

I love smash burgers and have been using a small griddleQ on my gasser for a few years. It’s to small and have been eyeing either the Blackstone or Camp Chef flattops.
One of them is my next purchase but it will involve a rework of my current cook area/setup
This thread is helpful so thx
GMG DC, FEC100, PK360

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2017, 06:25:29 AM »

What is the issue with the grease drip on the Blackstones?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Vision

• Using less gas.
  • Baltimore, Maryland
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2017, 08:58:24 AM »

A bad design has grease flow backwards from the drip area down the leg. Thankfully the issue was solved by a vendor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Rw6QWYsKE&index=13&list=LLymVj1G-VhHKQ3o_6xgFabw

FYI Blackstone says they are changing the model in 2018 to place the grease trap at the back like on the 22" model. Not sure if I like that.
Mak 1 Star Blackstone 36 WSM 18 Weber OTG

InThePitBBQ

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2017, 11:15:38 AM »

A bad design has grease flow backwards from the drip area down the leg. Thankfully the issue was solved by a vendor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Rw6QWYsKE&index=13&list=LLymVj1G-VhHKQ3o_6xgFabw

FYI Blackstone says they are changing the model in 2018 to place the grease trap at the back like on the 22" model. Not sure if I like that.

I just ordered two of those extenders, thanks for posting that drives me nuts when grease runs off and onto the concrete. 

I agree that putting the trap at the rear is a step back, I use commercial Dexter spatula's on mine and drag the tips over the trap edge to clean them while cooking having it at the rear is a terrible idea on a flat top that size.

DaisyCutter

• Using less gas.
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2017, 07:45:29 PM »

Bought the 28" model when Wally world was blowing them out at $99 and free shipping. It's one of the best purchases I've made in awhile.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2017, 08:03:14 PM »

I think I am going to get the Camp Chef.  It comes pre-seasoned and has the grill grates with it too.  And, haven't read about any grease issues.  Will probably wait until the Spring.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

DE

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2017, 08:20:21 PM »

I think I am going to get the Camp Chef.  It comes pre-seasoned and has the grill grates with it too.  And, haven't read about any grease issues.  Will probably wait until the Spring.

Agree with you on the Camp Chef, it seems to me that it’s a step up but also more $. No grease issues, spark on each burner. Not as mobile as only 2 weeks on the cart, but overall I think a little better quality. Anyways, just my humble option. Could not find any on CL. You guys did get me to pull out my expedition 3 burner with 24 inch griddle and set it up on patio. Will try it out to make sure if I like it for uses other than transporting it for remote burger cookouts. Last night I did smoke some prime ribs up to 110 IT and then gave them a good Sear on the griddle to finish. So we’ll see, watching for a super clearance sale or something.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:30:11 PM by DE »
Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!

DE

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 07:53:56 AM »

Change of Mind!  Had decided as stated in previous post to go with Campchef. BUT...
the Blackstone 22 came on Special again for $139, free freight and at 15% discount for signing up. So I ordered. If you've been on the fence, act quickly. Now I can recapture some space on the patio and store my portable back in the shed.
BTW, it was just in time for my BD.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:13:16 PM by DE »
Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 08:57:05 AM »

Change of Mind!  Had decided as stated in previous post to go with Campchef. BUT...
the Blackstone 22 can on Special again for $139, free freight and at 15% discount for signing up. So I ordered. If you've been on the fence, act quickly. Now I can recapture some space on the patio and store my portable back in the shed.

Where is the sale?

rwalters

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2017, 09:00:06 AM »

Agree with you on the Camp Chef, it seems to me that it’s a step up but also more $. No grease issues, spark on each burner. Not as mobile as only 2 weeks on the cart, but overall I think a little better quality. Anyways, just my humble option. Could not find any on CL. You guys did get me to pull out my expedition 3 burner with 24 inch griddle and set it up on patio. Will try it out to make sure if I like it for uses other than transporting it for remote burger cookouts. Last night I did smoke some prime ribs up to 110 IT and then gave them a good Sear on the griddle to finish. So we’ll see, watching for a super clearance sale or something.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
That sear...man oh man that looks gooood!!!!!

DE

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2017, 09:01:43 AM »

the Blackstone 22 can on Special again for $139, free freight and at 15% discount for signing up. So I ordered. If you've been on the fence, act quickly. Now I can recapture some space on the patio and store my portable back in the shed.

Where is the sale?

Sent you a PM

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2017, 11:45:43 AM »

Last night I did smoke some prime ribs up to 110 IT and then gave them a good Sear on the griddle to finish. So we’ll see, watching for a super clearance sale or something.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Those are perfectly seared steaks, little to no char, just Maillard reaction browning.  Great work.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

GrillinGlen

• Meridian, Idaho
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »

Tractor Supply Co has the 36” in the current add for $179.99
2011 SS Memphis Pro

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2017, 01:05:43 AM »

It's still on sale if you want one.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2017, 10:46:51 AM »

Is that the griddle only and not also the stand and burners?
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up