Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What's Up With Perfect Mix?  (Read 2420 times)

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
What's Up With Perfect Mix?
« on: October 11, 2017, 06:25:04 PM »

My favorite pellet is Perfect Mix from Cookin Pellets.  Went to buy some from amazon and they're $59.53 per bag!!!!   

Their new apple mash pellet is $35 per bag which is about what Perfect Mix used to be. 

I love Perfect Mix but I will not be gouged like that. 

What are y'all using that is similar?

Dan
Rec Tec 680 Weber 26" Kettle WSM

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
Re: What's Up With Perfect Mix?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 07:33:18 PM »

I saw that and I then went to the CookinPellets website.  They now have 7, 10 and 15 bag options including shipping. 
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

ArborAgent

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Hank Hill would be so disappointed in me.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:50:09 PM »

Amazon sets the price on the CookinPellets on their website and they change the price often.

I set a price alert on Camel Camel Camel (https://camelcamelcamel.com/CookinPellets-40PM-Perfect-Smoking-Pellets/product/B00819OICI). Whenever they go on sale, I grab a bag or two.

Rec Tec Bull Blaze Gas Grill Weber Master Touch

lamrith

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 10:27:35 AM »

Also realize there is more behind the scenes in regards to pricing than we as a buyer see.

Case in point:  Amazon has regional facilities all over the US, GREAT for buyers as we get fast shipping.  Not so great for sellers.  If a product gets stocked at a facility in your state the seller is now on the hook for ALL SALES TAX if there is any in your state.  So a seller in
Ohio lists on Amazon, Amazon stocks it here in WA and ships to me (in WA) from that facility, well Amazon now reports sale to WA state.  Then the seller gets a letter with Sales tax due for the sale.  A seller I know just got slapped like this with a HUGE tax bill from over a years worth of sales that he did no realize were due sales tax, talking many thousands of dollars.

Plus Amazon's listing and % fees and shipping charges.  It just all adds up.

ArborAgent

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:28:39 AM »

Also realize there is more behind the scenes in regards to pricing than we as a buyer see.

Case in point:  Amazon has regional facilities all over the US, GREAT for buyers as we get fast shipping.  Not so great for sellers.  If a product gets stocked at a facility in your state the seller is now on the hook for ALL SALES TAX if there is any in your state.  So a seller in
Ohio lists on Amazon, Amazon stocks it here in WA and ships to me (in WA) from that facility, well Amazon now reports sale to WA state.  Then the seller gets a letter with Sales tax due for the sale.  A seller I know just got slapped like this with a HUGE tax bill from over a years worth of sales that he did no realize were due sales tax, talking many thousands of dollars.

Plus Amazon's listing and % fees and shipping charges.  It just all adds up.

That doesn’t apply in this case because Amazon is the seller for the Cookin pellets.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 12:01:12 PM »

I think it is shipping and not the price of the pellets...but I maybe wrong!  I personally appreciate you at least trying to support Chris and Cookinpellets.com as he funded this site for the 1st year, and I like Members and guests to know that!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:04:50 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

MP09

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 01:22:03 PM »

Buying direct supports and saves money. The savings by buying direct is a much better deal than amazon...
BGW Grid Iron and a bunch of old gassers "now retired"

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 02:51:29 PM »

Chris advises on is site that Amazon may be cheaper especially for Prime members which I am.  Again $35 for his new Apple Mash pellet shipped and $59 for perfect mix shipped.  Just don't understand the $25 per bag price difference.  So IMHO it doesn't appear to be shipping costs as both are 40lb bags?

I hope this is a mistake as I've only got a couple bags of P. Mix left but I refuse to pay that. 

I was unable to find the 7, 10, 15bag options but will look again. 

Dan

I

ArborAgent

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 03:26:19 PM »

That looks like a great deal if your in need of pellets. However, when Amazon had them for $25 a bag, I loaded up and still have 4 or 5 hundred pounds left.   :cool:
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »

https://cookinpellets.com/product/bulk-mix-and-match-7-bags-total/

https://cookinpellets.com/product/bulk-mix-and-match-10-bags-total/

Thank you. I'm going to inquire if I can get 7bags of the Perfect Mix for that price as I have no interest in the other offerings.  $33 per bag is much more reasonable. 

Thanks again,
Dan 

chris becker

• Using less gas.
    • Cookinpellets
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 04:53:01 PM »

WOW...that is steep BUT, let me explain why! As ArborAgent mentioned, Amazon is the seller. But what has happened is we had a machine breakdown at the plant... No biggy except that it has created a gap in filling Amazon and a bunch of our dealers orders. So what happens at Amazon , and remember this is done by computers NOT humans, they raise the price instead of showing out of stock! Yup I don't know why they do it this way but I will tell you trhat we have stock heading to a LARGE pile of their fulfillment centers and the prices should be going down over the next couple weeks or sooner!
BE PATIENT!!! Also look at our dealer listings for local guys by you.
So sorry for any inconvenience caused and a BIG THANKS TO ALL for being a customer!
Replies welcome!

Smoke On
Chris
Chris The Pellet Guy

ArborAgent

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 05:00:03 PM »

Chris,

Have you thought about trying to get this added to Subscribe and Save? I'd love to have pellets come to me at a regular interval!

chris becker

• Using less gas.
    • Cookinpellets
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 06:03:05 PM »

Arboragent, Our Perfect Mix and 100% Hickory should both be subscribe and save.
When the price gets back to normal just look at the product page and under the cost you should be able to click the radio button for Subscribe and Save.
Chris The Pellet Guy

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 08:53:28 PM »

That looks like a great deal if your in need of pellets. However, when Amazon had them for $25 a bag, I loaded up and still have 4 or 5 hundred pounds left.   :cool:

I may have caught the same deal.  I didn't load up, but I did get a few bags.  CookinPellets hickory works real well for me, love it for bacon and tasso.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up