Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 11 Oct 2017
  • Saw a posts earlier about how long some folks have been married.  Since it seems like we have mainly men as members, I am going to be sexist and ask if you cook something special for your wife on a special day -- birthday, anniversary, Valentine's Day?  Or is it a date night out?

And, even more important, does she express a desire as to which she prefers?  I have seen a lot of the cooks you guys post and I would think they would opt for an evening in -- unless you make them do the dishes after! :pig:
  • #2 by hughver on 11 Oct 2017
  • My wife of nearly 26 years does not care for food cooked on the grill so it's a date night for us.  :(
  • #3 by Free Mr. Tony on 11 Oct 2017
  • I cook every night, and take care of all aspects of the kitchen. Dishes, appliances, etc. We go out once a week or so, and usually on special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries.
  • #4 by SmokinPete55 on 11 Oct 2017
  • 31 yrs today .   wife wished me happy anniversary  this morning and i looked over at my computer and  said wow .

tonite we dined on wings cooked 2 days ago :)

• SmokinPete55
  • #5 by Bobitis on 11 Oct 2017
  • Been divorced for 20 years or so, so I don't remember.
  • #6 by pz on 11 Oct 2017
  • My wife and I have not been married nearly as long as many of you folks, so I guess I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but it keeps becoming better and better.  I made her a surprise Valentines Day dinner waiting for her when she came home from work.

The appetizer was a single
    jumbo shrimp plus two scallops
       The shrimp were cooked in butter,
    lemon juice, zest, red pepper flakes.
    The scallops were seared in a
    non-stick pan

Half a ribeye, plated with mushroom
    sauce, asparagus, and twice baked
    potato
       Enjoying a Turley zinfandel with
    dinner

• #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 Oct 2017
  • We will usually go out to dinner somewhere.  We both prefer to buy our own presents so she will usually buy herself something on go on some trip somewhere.
  • #8 by pmillen on 11 Oct 2017
  • PZ, you, too, are setting a bad example.  I have to figure out a way to screen what Marcia reads.

We've been married 53 years.  On Valentines day and anniversaries we go out for dinner.  Always have...even when we were in college and broke.

On most other "special" days, irrespective of who we're celebrating, it's a family event at our house with kids and grandkids.  I cook.  The person we're celebrating chooses the entrée.
  • #9 by dk117 on 11 Oct 2017
  • I cook every night, and take care of all aspects of the kitchen. Dishes, appliances, etc. We go out once a week or so, and usually on special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries.
    +1 the kitchen is my domain. 

I confess 16 of our 17 year anniversary dinners have been at Ruth's Chris.  I can make a mean steak, but I just cannot beat Ruth's Chris.   That includes service, ambience, and sides. 

DK

Kristin I suspect there are a lot of us kitchen dominant males here.   We also love to care for our wives. 
    • dk117
  • #10 by Lothar1974 on 11 Oct 2017
  • Hit 12 years last Sunday. Wife requested my home made pizza, pepperoni and black olive, her favorite.

• #11 by ArborAgent on 11 Oct 2017
  • Seeing as how I do the cooking. Every night is a special night :)
  • #12 by Darwin on 11 Oct 2017
    +1 the kitchen is my domain. 

I confess 16 of our 17 year anniversary dinners have been at Ruth's Chris.  I can make a mean steak, but I just cannot beat Ruth's Chris.   That includes service, ambience, and sides. 

DK

Kristin I suspect there are a lot of us kitchen dominant males here.   We also love to care for our wives.
    I love Ruth's, sadly it's now too far away from me.  The little lady could handle a shotgun as well as cook.

• #13 by pz on 11 Oct 2017
  • ...  I have to figure out a way to screen what Marcia reads...

:rotf: I've only been married 17 years, so you could tell her that you did the same thing all those decades ago  ;D

That is so true, on both counts, especially the latter  ;D
  • #14 by David on 12 Oct 2017
  • I take my wife out to the place of here choice on here birthday,  rest of holidays usually have some family around and I am cooking something
  • #15 by Kristin Meredith on 12 Oct 2017
  • With so many bad things happening around us, it is truly lovely to read and see the affection enjoyed by your spouses -- and kids and grand-kids. 
Pages:
Actions