Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thermoworks Smoke WiFi Gateway Unveiling  (Read 2632 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Thermoworks Smoke WiFi Gateway Unveiling
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 08:12:51 PM »

I'm glad to see someone who has purchased this device.
I'm in the market for a remote temp monitoring system. I've been looking at the Fireboard, but I keep coming back to the Thermoworks due to the quality.

The only thing I don't like about Smoke is the requirement to buy a gateway for each smoke device.
I'm probably wrong about this, and there may be some technological reason for it, but having to buy multiple gateways appears to be a cash grab by Thermoworks.

I would love to have 6 or 8 temp probes without having to purchase multiple gateways.

Again, I do believe Thermoworks produces quality products.

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think the reason it can only pair one gateway to one smoke base unit is that it connects via RF and I don't think they make two units that would have the same RF signal or they would get confused connecting to the receiver.  But I could be way wrong on this.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »

the case is very snug
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

ArborAgent

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Hank Hill would be so disappointed in me.
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 03:32:42 PM »

I'm glad to see someone who has purchased this device.
I'm in the market for a remote temp monitoring system. I've been looking at the Fireboard, but I keep coming back to the Thermoworks due to the quality.

The only thing I don't like about Smoke is the requirement to buy a gateway for each smoke device.
I'm probably wrong about this, and there may be some technological reason for it, but having to buy multiple gateways appears to be a cash grab by Thermoworks.

I have both a Smoke and a Fireboard. They’re both very high quality. I think the Fireboard proves are better and I’ve had nothing but incredible customer service from Fireboard.

I tend to use my Smoke when I’m doing short cooks like tritip or on my gas grill. The Fireboard is used for my low and slow cooks, like the brisket I’m doing right now.

Rec Tec Bull Blaze Gas Grill Weber Master Touch

GREG-B

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Washougal WA
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 11:17:01 PM »

Got a chance to use my smoke w/the gateway yesterday.   Trial and error on where to place the gateway so it would talk to my wifi and smoke.   May have to get a wifi booster so it gets better reception.   It was pretty cool when I finally got it tuned in.  I believe I'll keep it.
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up