Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by SmokinHandyman on 14 Oct 2017
  •  :clap:
  • #17 by waskawood on 14 Oct 2017
  • It's a fundraiser for crying out loud. You should be applauded for your hard work.
  • #18 by hughver on 14 Oct 2017
  • Great job, the country needs more people like you guys.   :clap:
  • #19 by GrillinGlen on 14 Oct 2017
  • It's a fundraiser for crying out loud.

I'm not used to all volunteer FD,  I would hope the community backs them, what if they just ran out of $, ....sorry sir, we didn't have $ to fix the fire engine, get out the hot dogs were going to just watch your house burn.  You guys are awesome
  • #20 by Timbo1010 on 14 Oct 2017
  • I'm sorry but someone complaining about the price at a fundraiser is just pathetic  :puke:

With a background in retail, one of the hardest things in the beginning was learning no matter what you do you won't be able to please everyone. You could give the meal away and someone would still complain.

Beautiful job on the fundraiser by the way
  • #21 by Phrett on 15 Oct 2017
  • Kudos      :clap:
  • #22 by ZCZ on 15 Oct 2017
  • For all you can eat, $12 doesn't seem like it's all that far out of line.  And apparently 427 other people didn't think so either.   :bbq:

I expect to pay a bit more than restaurant prices when eating at a fundraiser.

I agree.  To go to the IHOP in town for a fried chicken dinner is $10.  Add a drink and dessert and you are at about $14.  Then tax (with our meals tax, that is a total of 11.5% more) and a tip and you are at $17-18 and it is not home made and not all you can eat.  So I think $12 is a good deal.

Indeed. Good job all around. Nice work.
    Z
  • #23 by DMAXNAZ on 15 Oct 2017
  • Nice turnout. The word must have gotten around after last year's cook that the food was terrific.
  • #24 by Kristin Meredith on 15 Oct 2017
  • They have been doing this for about 6 years, twice a year.  But our turnout can vary from a high of over 500 to a low of about 250.  Don't know why the difference -- guess folks have to be in the mood for fried chicken!  But it makes planning a bit difficult.
Pages:
Actions