Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mobile Theme for Pellet Fan  (Read 524 times)

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Mobile Theme for Pellet Fan
« on: October 15, 2017, 12:00:44 PM »

Is there a better way to view this site on a mobile device? I've been using Tapatalk for 5+ years and their ads have gotten so intrusive and just plain nasty that I uninstalled it. The Pellet Fan site displays reasonably well on my iPad Mini, but on my mobile phone the text is much too small. Not to mention the fact that inline images don't appear when viewing with Tapatalk.  I know of several forums running on SMF that have a mobile version that displays beautifully on a 5" screen. Does the version of SMF running here require an additional theme installed to provide that? Thx.

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
Re: Mobile Theme for Pellet Fan
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 01:10:29 PM »

I use the dolphin browser on my phone. They have a text sizer add-on you can download. It resizes the text while still leaving it all on screen, so that no scrolling is needed. It's not perfect, but works pretty well.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »

LSFS will have to answer this question.  I know he has a new job, but hopefully he will see it and be able to advise

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 07:58:39 PM »

LSFS will have to answer this question.  I know he has a new job, but hopefully he will see it and be able to advise

Yeah, I figure that. I was going to send him a PM about it but figured I'd make it a public post to see if there are others that feel the same. If I'm the only one that finds it annoying then it probably ain't worth fixing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up