Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Greg1 on 19 Jan 2018
  • Does anyone have any information on this older model Traeger smoker.  Did it just have the 3 setting controller in it?  Was is a good machine?  I appreciate any and all advice on it.

• #2 by Canadian John on 19 Jan 2018
  •  Have a look in the Treager section; "rescued from recycling". I believe both pits are the same..That vintage of the  pitin question had a 3 speed or low/med/high controller..I would pay attention to the auger tube where it enters the firepot - it shouldn't be rusted back. It 's a costly part..
  • #3 by Jcorwin818 on 19 Jan 2018
  • That’s an old 075 Trager Texas and yes in that era the contolers were 3 settings.  I would call Trager to verify but I’m sure you can up grade to a newer controller with no problem.
  • #4 by Bentley on 19 Jan 2018
  • Sure looks like my 2002 075....

• #5 by Greg1 on 19 Jan 2018
  • Thanks for all the great information.  The gentleman says it will fire right up and cook.  Paints rough on it, but my question now is what would be a fair price to offer on it.
  • #6 by Bentley on 19 Jan 2018
  • My philosophy has always been the seller has to tell me what they think a fair price is.  I either agree or say no, I believe X is fair.  But he has to start. 

That unit right there was bought in 2002 with the 3 position controller and I wanna say 3 40lb bags of Traeger Pellets and delivered to Pasadena, CA for $850 ($1200 in 2018 $).  The digital controller was put on in late June of 2003 for $275 ($375 in 2018 $) [yeah, they saw us coming back then] and it was sold in 2007 for $600 ($750 in 2018 $).  Right after that new paint job!
  • #7 by dk117 on 19 Jan 2018
  • Try Craiglist Portland Oregon for a comparison.  You'll see one in better condition for $400.  A friend just bought a Traeger knock off Pellet BBQ Grizzly Grillz for $600 brand new.    Used on Craiglist for $300.

We are in a glut of Traeger knockoffs that could be decent quality.  Thus the lower prices.   

DK
    • dk117
  • #8 by Canadian John on 20 Jan 2018
  •  Re the controller: For around $70.00 you can get an Ortec (the original digital controller). It has a 10 min shut-down cycle and comes with an RTD..It replaces the 3 position switch..
  • #9 by KrautBurner on 12 Dec 2018
  • Thanks for all the great information.  The gentleman says it will fire right up and cook.  Paints rough on it, but my question now is what would be a fair price to offer on it.

so...........

did you get it?
Pages:
Actions