Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by TechMOGogy on 20 Oct 2017
  • Was going to post this in the Yoder section but wanted input from others.
    I have a chance to get a 6mth old YS640 (non comp cart) and would like opinions on it.
    I don't really need another pellet smoker but like the 600 degree top temp and its seems like a good deal.
    Not much to research here yet on that specific brand but have gone through the website pretty thoroughly.
    Any advice/opinions welcome.
    Thx,
    Dan
  • #2 by Rick on 20 Oct 2017
  • The Yoder 640 will certainly be my next pellet cooker.  From my research, it smokes nicely and grills better than most.  And it's made by a great company. 
  • #3 by MN-Smoker on 20 Oct 2017
  • Was going to post this in the Yoder section but wanted input from others.
    I have a chance to get a 6mth old YS640 (non comp cart) and would like opinions on it.
    I don't really need another pellet smoker but like the 600 degree top temp and its seems like a good deal.
    Not much to research here yet on that specific brand but have gone through the website pretty thoroughly.
    Any advice/opinions welcome.
    Thx,
    Dan

Not sure what the question is.
    If you don't really need it, I wouldn't buy it.

But if you like it, buy it and sell what you have.

Chances are you could buy the Yoder, decide you don't want it, and sell it for what you paid for it a year later.
  • #4 by Bentley on 20 Oct 2017
  • I wish we could do a Performance Test on one!
  • #5 by ZCZ on 21 Oct 2017
  • Keep an eye on Craig's List for a used Memphis.
    Z
  • #6 by Shaneskee on 21 Oct 2017
  • I own a YS640 and absolutely love it. With that said, if you're happy with your current smoker, and don't necessarily really need the high temp, I would just keep what I have.

But if you're looking for a new pit, I say do it. Otherwise, save your money and buy meat!
Pages:
Actions