Pages:
Actions
  • #646 by hughver on 03 Jan 2020
  • What a coincidence, I'm in the process of fixing ribs from Christmas for tonight's supper, if they turn out half as good as yours I'll be tickled to death. These were sous vide for 40 hours at 134° and frozen. This evening I'll smoke to ~160°, sauce and then cook for another half hour or so.
  • #647 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Jan 2020
  • This is what my wife calls Pork Chops Italiano - boneless chops cooked in tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and some dry Italian herbs.  Sides were sauteed green beans and baked potatoes with bacon bits and shredded cheddar.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #648 by pmillen on 03 Jan 2020
  • I'll bring the wine (Paisano).
  • #649 by Canadian John on 04 Jan 2021

•  That's a full meal for sure. Nice.
  • #650 by Bentley on 09 Jan 2021
  • A person who hunts on the property asked if I would cook his Costco flat, about 6lbs,  Took it to 205°, no idea how it came out.  He said he liked it!

• #651 by Bentley on 22 Jan 2021
  • A 55 year member of the Brandy Station Vol Fire department passed away, so we are cooking for the memorial meal they are having tomorrow.  Kristin's menu was Wood Roasted Pork Loin in a Orange Infused Brown Sugar rub.  With an Onion Au Gratin potato and Green Beans w/Bacon.

Simply could not get all 45lbs of Pork Loin on the Memphis, so the little 3 & 5 pounders had to be done in the oven after being seared on the Memphis Pro.

• #652 by pmillen on 22 Jan 2021
  • You two are quintessential supportive residents.

Those pork tenderloins look better than any I've ever cooked.  The recipe sounds wonderful.  Are you able to share it?
  • #653 by Bentley on 22 Jan 2021
  • I was just embellishing the menu.  As we were taking about brown sugar and clumping in another thread, I told Kristin to put some Orange peels in the bag to soften it up.  It worked better then even I thought it would.  So I was trying to be all Michelin Star about it and make it sound better then it is.  Hence the Orange Infused Brown Sugar rub.  I can tell you this:

Take half an Orange Peel and put in bag of brown sugar for 6 days.
    Mix 1/2 cup of that Brown Sugar with 3Tbs Garlic Powder and 1/2 cup salt.  Rub 7 lb Pork Loin generously (I would urge anyone to truss for uniform cooking).
    Sear loin on all sides for 5 Minutes and then roast meat at 350 till IT is your desired temperature.  This was pulled at 125° and carried to about 137°, still a little low for me, but it will be reheated in a large warming tower for 2-3 hours at 160° which will hopefully come out around 155° by serving time.

Loins were brined in a 3% solution for 24 hours (in this case large ice chest with 2gallons of water, 1 cup salt & 1 cup white sugar).

Kristin is in charge of Green Beans & Au Gratin potatoes, I will ask here to post that if you have any interest!

I think my truss work is getting better.

• #654 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Jan 2021
  • they look great
  • #655 by pmillen on 22 Jan 2021
  • Yum, and nice trussing.
  • #656 by hughver on 01 Feb 2021
  • Shifted gears for last nights supper, used the oven for this Chicken Pot Pie.
  • #657 by Bentley on 01 Feb 2021
  • Nice color on your crust!
  • #658 by Bentley on 10 Feb 2021
  • I think White Castle buns are better and their patties are more uniform, but all n all, these were pretty good.  And just like when me and Trooper went to one in Indiana before a competition, my eyes are bigger then my stomach!  Could not do the last 2.

• #659 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Feb 2021
  • you have a firestick?  i thought you claimed to be technologically challenged.

Those burgers look good
  • #660 by glitchy on 11 Feb 2021
  • Those burgers look very good and I’m guessing tasted better than all the white castle burgers I’ve ever had since I’ve never seen a white castle and have only had the grocery store frozen section variety.
Pages:
Actions