Pages:
Actions
  • #706 by pmillen on 08 Jul 2021
  • Wow...I may not be alive for it, but the flying Jet suits and Food Replicators are coming...

Jet suits ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPIO4tdxYL0
  • #707 by W6YJ on 08 Jul 2021
  • Aha, looks like I was way off :<)

I wonder if/when someone will develop a jet suit with enough fuel and power to start out on the ground...
  • #708 by Bentley on 08 Jul 2021
  • I would not call it a suit, but this would be promising if it were not $400K...

https://youtu.be/KOmHSN4Y_Y8
  • #709 by TravlinMan on 08 Jul 2021
  • Cleaning out the refrigerator

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #710 by jdmessner on 09 Jul 2021
  • Cleaning out the refrigerator

Looking good! Hard to believe it has been a year since our paths crossed. Let me know if you find yourself travelin north!!
  • #711 by TravlinMan on 09 Jul 2021
  • Will do..   Thanks, I remember our ‘path crossing’ quite well and looking forward to it again. 

We normally take a trip north in the fall.  Will make sure we try to connect when we do..

Thanks..Hopefully see you this fall….
  • #712 by Bentley on 12 Jul 2021
  • Round 2 is a little better.  A bit to hot for the crumble.  At least I was able to get a piece somewhat on a plate.

• #713 by 02ebz06 on 12 Jul 2021
  • Wish my arm could reach that far with a plate in my hand. I'd be beggin' for a slice.
  • #714 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 Jul 2021
  • Bentley, I will give you credit for being persistent.  You seem to keep at everything via trial and error until you get your desired result.  It is also fun to watch.
  • #715 by Kristin Meredith on 12 Jul 2021
  • Wish my arm could reach that far with a plate in my hand. I'd be beggin' for a slice.

No, no you wouldn't.

People who do not like cooked fruit pies really should not attempt to make cooked fruit pies.  And, if they choose to do so regardless, they would do well to consult those who both like cooked fruit pies and know how to make award winning cooked fruit pies. :pig:
  • #716 by Bentley on 15 Jul 2021
  • If you want to get right after it go to 2:35.  I was under the impression The Kahn's favorite dish was Fish Sticks n Tator Tots!

GENGHIS KHAN FAVORITE DISH | MEAT COOKED IN STONES 🥩
  • #717 by pmillen on 16 Jul 2021
  • 45 years ago, Backpacker Magazine published an article that stated, after a comprehensive study, "There's no surface water on earth that is safe to drink untreated."

It's also not a good idea to put rocks that have soaked in water in a fire.

I was waiting for the flash flood to roar down and wipe him out.
  • #718 by Bentley on 16 Jul 2021
  • I would have to disagree with them, at least at that time period.  That is about 5 years before I started to backpack the Sierra-Nevada on a regular basis.  I would drink from streams like the one in that video all the time with no issue over a period of about 15 years.  But, you were advised by National Park Service personal that Giardia was a possibility and you should filter, boil or use chemical agent to sterilize water.  But we were usually so high up and away from everything just never did it.  Many of them looked like that run! 

45 years ago, Backpacker Magazine published an article that stated, after a comprehensive study, "There's no surface water on earth that is safe to drink untreated."
  • #719 by pmillen on 16 Jul 2021
  • But we were usually so high up and away from everything just never did it.  Many of them looked like that run! 

My understanding is that you'd have to be up so high that there wouldn't be any mammals polluting the water (raccoons, beavers, deer, moose, elk...).  Some people might say that you were just lucky.
  • #720 by Bentley on 16 Jul 2021
  • I think the Animals were much more Green and caring at that time Paul.  They just would never think of polluting the water supply like now!
Pages:
Actions