Pages:
Actions
  • #751 by BigDave83 on 16 May 2022
  • $4.79 here little over half tank was about $70 this morning.
  • #752 by Kristin Meredith on 20 May 2022
  • Had a friend for lunch today.  Made a California Cobb Salad.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #753 by 02ebz06 on 20 May 2022
  • WOW!  Great looking meal!!!
  • #754 by Kristin Meredith on 20 May 2022
  • Forgot to mention, the lettuce is under the top ingredients.  Takes up about 2/3's of the bowl.  You put the dressing on and either mix in the bowl and eat or you can pour onto plate.
  • #755 by pmillen on 20 May 2022
  • That has wonderful appeal.

I'm accustomed to seeing the salad fork positioned first in line to the plate left.  In the photograph it's above the salad.  Is that a Kristen new-trend or is it commonplace?
  • #756 by Kristin Meredith on 20 May 2022
  • That has wonderful appeal.

I'm accustomed to seeing the salad fork positioned first in line to the plate left.  In the photograph it's above the salad.  Is that a Kristen new-trend or is it commonplace?

When a salad is eaten as an entrée, then a dinner folk is used for the salad and placed accordingly..  If dessert is also to be served a dessert fork and/or dessert spoon is placed above the plate to signal is is for that course. The small fork above the plate was for dessert.  We had friends for dinner a few weekends back and when Bent offered him more meat he said no, that he had seen the fork above his dinner plate and hope it signal dessert would be served.  It was!!!
  • #757 by 02ebz06 on 21 May 2022
  • When a salad is eaten as an entrée, then a dinner folk is used for the salad and placed accordingly..  If dessert is also to be served a dessert fork and/or dessert spoon is placed above the plate to signal is is for that course. The small fork above the plate was for dessert.  We had friends for dinner a few weekends back and when Bent offered him more meat he said no, that he had seen the fork above his dinner plate and hope it signal dessert would be served.  It was!!!

That's way above my pay grade. 
  • #758 by yorkdude on 22 May 2022
  • That looks outstanding.
  • #759 by Zombini on 22 May 2022
  • That does look good
  • #760 by pmillen on 24 May 2022
  • When a salad is eaten as an entrée, then a dinner folk is used for the salad and placed accordingly..  If dessert is also to be served a dessert fork and/or dessert spoon is placed above the plate to signal is is for that course. The small fork above the plate was for dessert.  We had friends for dinner a few weekends back and when Bent offered him more meat he said no, that he had seen the fork above his dinner plate and hope it signal dessert would be served.  It was!!!

I'm just a Philistine. 
  • #761 by Hank D Thoreau on 24 May 2022
  • Dinner etiquette can get a bit ridiculous when you are left handed.

I was at a nice restaurant many years ago (the same place where I got my original gazpacho recipe).

I moved my water glass to my left side because I drink with my left hand.

Each time I moved my water glass, the waiter moved it back until I specifically requested that he allow me to keep it on my left side.

It was an amusing dance which went on for several cycles before the waiter reluctantly agreed to leave my glass alone.

I was young and he probably though he was teaching me a lesson in etiquette.

I also eat with my fork in my left hand. I have also had folks try to tell me which hand to hold my fork with.
  • #762 by Kristin Meredith on 25 May 2022

I'm just a Philistine.

LOL!  No, I was just raised in a household that did a lot of formal entertaining and I was taught out of Emily Post from a very young age.  Also, a somewhat sexist upbringing (surprising since my Mom was something of a feminist) in that the boys did not need to learn these things, but my sister and I did because we would be the hostess someday! So, I know no more than 5 wine glasses are allowed at a place setting at one time and what wine goes in each glass and what all the odd little shaped cutlery are for and where they should be placed!  I am just a fount of etiquette knowledge, a dinosaur anymore.
  • #763 by 02ebz06 on 25 May 2022
  • Chinese have it easy. Chopsticks or fingers.
  • #764 by Canadian John on 25 May 2022

•  That has a Kristin look to it.. Nice to see a properly set table.
  • #765 by hughver on 25 May 2022

Thanks for info., Good to know, you learn something new every day.
Pages:
Actions