Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for Veterans  (Read 589 times)

DE

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Question for Veterans
« on: October 21, 2017, 07:21:06 AM »

Were you aware you will soon be able to purchase from the PX on line soon?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:52:45 AM by DE »
Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!

DE

Re: Question for Veterans
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 08:57:30 AM »

If this is of interest to you and you were honorably discharged, there is a website you can go to which will verify your service and put you on notification list for PX Updates. I believe the change takes place on Veterans Day,the 11th of November. PM me interested and I will send you the link to the veterans verify site.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:29:53 AM by DE »
Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!

Xring01

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 10:49:17 AM »

Thanks,
Send me the link.

Wondering if PX will allow Veterans to actually go in and Shop eventually. That would be nice

riverrat49

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • "If all else Fails call it Burnt Endz" Spokane, WA
    • G-Pa D's BBQ Team
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:19:54 AM »

On-Line shopping for Vets "After being verified, participants will be eligible once the program launches to shop tax-free at any of the four sites operated by the Army & Air Force Exchange Service: MyNavyExchange.com, MyMCX.com, ShopCGX.com, and ShopMyExchange.com. (However, they will remain ineligible to shop inside physical exchange locations.)"
World Food Championship Culinary Team- 2016, 2017, 2018 Taste of America Challenge Champion- 2016/2018 World Food Championship Judge Competition Pitmaster/ Certified BBQ Judge

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 11:00:37 AM »

Thanks for the link DE. When looking at the application I thought that they wanted too much personnel data and may be a hoax. I did some checking and it seems to be legit but it's no more than another on-line store. There are four or five of the stores and at least one of them claims to price match virtually everybody, including Costco, Sam's Club, Amazon, etc.. The information that I read did not mention shipping but did indicate that the goods were tax free. Shopping privilege for those who are accepted starts Veterans Day, November 11, we'll see.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

DE

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 11:29:48 AM »

Your right Hugh, we will just have to wait and see how it works out. I'm sure they don't have the wide range of products some others do as well, but what I'm most happy to see is the broadening of the benefits. Perhaps if this is successful for them it will be only the first step and then one day those that are close to a physical PX will be able to walk in.

Doug

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 11:41:47 AM »

One other thing about eligibility, I saw somewhere during my search that in addition to needing an honorable discharge, you had to have 4820 points if you were discharged before 2018. I could not find the definition of points, I suspect that it has to do with time of service.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas
Pages: [1]   Go Up