Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by AnyExcuse2Q on 23 Oct 2017
  • I like them.  The Costco Traeger display had them and their regular hickory bags. These were $19.99 for 33lb IIRC.  Thought it was interesting that they're not listed on Traeger's web site.  Different packaging than normal Traeger bags, has a slide-lock top and thicker plastic.

Nice smoke flavor. Cooked a couple of briskets with my nephew for him to take home. (His mom's a vegetarian, <shudder>.)  Came out so nice I nearly kept them.  ;D
  • #2 by dclord on 23 Oct 2017
  • They've become my favorite general purpose pellets. I've used a lot of the popular brands, and unless I'm looking for a specific favor, the Traeger Gourmet pellets are as good as anything. Of course every time I recommend them all the Traeger haters come out of the woodwork.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Oct 2017
  • I think I have a bag of the gourmet pellets at home but have not used them yet.
  • #4 by Jcorwin818 on 23 Oct 2017
  • That’s all I use anymore.
  • #5 by Ross77 on 28 Dec 2017
  • Just used them yesterday for a brisket and I didn't get much smoke flavor compared to the Lumberjack Hickory I normally use.  Disappointing considering the higher price.  I paid $19 for 33 pounds.  I have cheaper options here but thought I'd give these a try. 
Pages:
Actions