Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 30 Oct 2017
  •  With COLD weather here or on the way there is a need to warm the plate(s) the cooked food will be placed on when taken off the pit..It was once said,puting hot food on a cold plate is criminal.

How many of you warm the plate(s) using the pit to do so when it is cold outside?

• #2 by pmillen on 30 Oct 2017
  • I've never warmed the plates.  I should start.
  • #3 by Canadian John on 30 Oct 2017
  •  Paul, at this point in the game it is up to you!
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Oct 2017
  • It seems to me that warming them in a pit would take a long time, does it?  I usually just fill the sink with really hot water and let them soak about 5 minutes and quickly dry right before serving.
  • #5 by SmokinHandyman on 30 Oct 2017
  • It seems to me that warming them in a pit would take a long time, does it?  I usually just fill the sink with really hot water and let them soak about 5 minutes and quickly dry right before serving.

Sounds easy to me.
  • #6 by pmillen on 30 Oct 2017
  • Paul, at this point in the game it is up to you!

At serving time I'm usually flitting around like that drop of water my mother used to put on a griddle to see if it's hot.  I doubt that I'll remember but I think I should start.

It seems to me that warming them in a pit would take a long time, does it?  I usually just fill the sink with really hot water and let them soak about 5 minutes and quickly dry right before serving.

My PG500's flat top is probably close to the pit's internal temperature.  Plates would WARM there.
  • #7 by ZCZ on 30 Oct 2017
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

Just remember to take them off before you lift the lid.
  • #8 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Oct 2017
  • But if you have 8 plates to warm, how would you do that on the top of the pit?
  • #9 by Jcorwin818 on 30 Oct 2017
  • Plates in our house will be room temp!
  • #10 by pmillen on 30 Oct 2017
  • But if you have 8 plates to warm, how would you do that on the top of the pit?

On my PG500 I might be able to get four in a zig-zag.  Stacking and covering them with a soup pot might work.  Not doing anything is most likely since I'm often cooking for 10.
  • #11 by Brushpopper on 30 Oct 2017
  • It doesn't get cold enough here to warrant heating the plate very often.  Thankfully!  Y'all can keep the cold.  Rather sweat than be freezing
  • #12 by Bentley on 30 Oct 2017
  • To the best of my knowledge the food has never been on my plate long enough to get cold...
Pages:
Actions