Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Forbes article about the new owner of Traeger, Jeremy Andrus  (Read 6915 times)

cyberstud

Re: Forbes article about the new owner of Traeger, Jeremy Andrus
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2017, 06:32:31 PM »

I was bored so I looked up average sales of most pellet grill companies. Memphis is skewed due to them being a whollowned subsidiary of Dalsin Industries. I excluded Firecraft since I would not find the data. I included Weber even though they don't currently have a pellet grill just for comparison.

Company Annual Sales in Millions

Weber-Stephen 1636.9
Traeger Pellet Grills LLC 100.447
Memphis (Dalsin Industries) 44.54
Cookshack 9.16
Mak Metals, Inc 6.25
Yoder Smokers 6
Camp Chef (Logan Outdoor Products, LLC) 5.26
GMG Products LLC 3.23
Kuma Stoves, Inc 2.58
Louisiana Grills (Dansons) 1.52
Pitt Boss (Dansons) 1.52
Rec Tec .23
Smokin Brothers .18
Blaz'n Grill Works .13

Thanks for looking these numbers up!  This is great insight.  Although people are picking apart your numbers because it doesn't specifically show pellet specific revenue, I found it to still be very helpful.  Before seeing these numbers, I oftened wondered just how big were the pellet grill companies in terms of revenue.

For the other business folks on this forum, I wish Gartner had a magic quadrant for pellet grills.  Or perhaps we should create our own and submit to them...haha.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2017, 07:29:40 PM »

I find it hard to believe that some of these companies are operating sell less than $500k of grills per year if not less than $1mm per year.  I would be concerned about buying any of their grills new because I don't think they would be around long.  Thus, as I mentioned earlier, I don't trust the source or the numbers themselves.  Not logical in my mind.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2017, 07:55:00 PM »

I find it hard to believe that some of these companies are operating sell less than $500k of grills per year if not less than $1mm per year.  I would be concerned about buying any of their grills new because I don't think they would be around long.  Thus, as I mentioned earlier, I don't trust the source or the numbers themselves.  Not logical in my mind.

A valid point, but let me respond metaphorically...

The 2 worst vehicles I've ever owned were Chevy's. The 1985 Z28 had constant transmission and suspension problems. After 3 years, the body started rotting out. The 1990 4X4 pickup was easily a nobel prize winner for the lemon law. The west coast rep had spent time in my home on 3 occasions.

I lost that truck in the impending divorce and was relegated to getting some cheap reliable form of transportation.  Enter KIA..

Who?

New kid on the block that offered a bare bones vehicle with a 5 year warranty. 1st year for sales in the US. Sold!

I beat that car into submission for 5 years, and it still ran like a Swiss watch. I'm currently still with my 2004 version (spectra). and it runs like a champ. Just passed 90K miles and an emission test. I'll never buy anything but KIA.

The little guy on the block that has everything going for it.
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2017, 08:18:01 PM »

KIA was new to the USA, but I am sure they were not a brand spanking new business.  You need a lot of backing to build a car factory.  How can you sell $130,000 worth of grills in a year and still be around to make them the next year. 
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2017, 09:38:48 PM »

Interesting thread. I kind of like the conspiracy theory. After all, I don't think anyone has ever seen Burke123 and Jeremy Andrus in the same room together. Come to think of it I'm not sure if anyone as seen Burke123, period!

It sounds to me like Jeremy is trying his best to make Traeger synonymous with pellet grills; like Xerox with copiers or Kleenex with facial tissues. You can't really blame him for that. However, it stands to reason that if that is your plan, you are going to want to get rid of anything that promotes other products on an equal playing field. That would be about the only reason I could see for investing money in a site and then shutting it down.

"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2017, 09:49:40 PM »

Then you will really like this.  Again, I was asked to deal with the person who bought Pelletheads.com.  Keep in mind I have no idea who I was really dealing with, I was just told it was OK to do it by Brenda Hill.  The person I was led to believe was Burk123 1st name on the email was Jeramy and his phone number was a Utah area code...

Interesting thread. I kind of like the conspiracy theory. After all, I don't think anyone has ever seen Burke123 and Jeremy Andrus in the same room together. .
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2017, 11:08:14 PM »

Then you will really like this.  Again, I was asked to deal with the person who bought Pelletheads.com.  Keep in mind I have no idea who I was really dealing with, I was just told it was OK to do it by Brenda Hill.  The person I was led to believe was Burk123 1st name on the email was Jeramy and his phone number was a Utah area code...

That's fascinating.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Osborn Cox

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2017, 07:23:58 AM »

This thread started out interesting and it keeps getting better.   This latest theory makes sense in a number of different ways, the biggest being the return on investment, and would be the first theory that I’ve read that would actually make sense financially.     
Cookshack PG1000, GMG Jim Bowie Prime, Traeger Lil Tex(retired), Blackstone Griddle

Brushpopper

• "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2017, 07:45:43 AM »

This gets more and more interesting.  Perhaps he wanted to get rid of the performance reviews of all the grills Larry and Bentley reviewed?
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Bobitis

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2017, 08:35:39 AM »

Right before the site went down, there was an edit to one of the posts the read 'Burk Resources LL'.

I now present to you:

http://utcompanies.com/company/burk-resources-llc-g9N

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2017, 08:38:08 AM »

I think Bent is having a little fun, especially in light of the JFK stuff coming out.  What he says is true, but the guy he dealt with also had a last name and the spelling of the first and last name was unique and he had a presence (limited) on line which could be followed.  I will admit it is a strange co-incidence that a "Jeramy" who recently hailed from the Salt Lake area with a Salt Lake cell number bought PH and now we see an article about "Jeremy" from Park City, Utah who purchased Traeger. But lots of strange things happen in life. 

More than half of the performance test on PH were sadly and severely outdated.  If you wanted to compete against those brands, you are better leaving a 6 and 7 year old performance test on GMG and Memphis with woefully outdated technology on-line and doing a test of the new Timberline to contrast.  Also, nearly every performance test was without photos rendering them nearly useless and very distracting.  Again, if you want to compete, leave the garbage in place on the old tests and post stuff on your shiny new stuff.  You look objective, but the competitors look pathetic in comparison.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2017, 10:01:27 AM »

BURKINSHAW, JERAMY

Has an Internet trail.  At one time he lived in HERRIMAN, UT.  He relocated twice and retained his Utah cellular number.  He currently resides in BRADENTON, FL.  There's more but in deference to his privacy...

Most of us have this kind of easily obtainable trail.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2017, 11:11:44 AM »

BURKINSHAW, JERAMY

You folks sure know how to kill a good conspiracy theory. Ususally people don't stoop to letting facts get in the way of a good story!!
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2017, 05:44:25 PM »

If Pelletheads.com come back online great, I will put my theory to bed, but until that happens, I believe it was bought to be shut down.  Do I believe this guy from Traeger had anything to do with it...NO I DO NOT!

But I do believe it was bought to be shut down!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bobitis

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »

If Pelletheads.com come back online great, I will put my theory to bed, but until that happens, I believe it was bought to be shut down.  Do I believe this guy from Traeger had anything to do with it...NO I DO NOT!

But I do believe it was bought to be shut down!

If so, why would he leave a connection to Burk Resources LLC? Or is he being played like a fiddle?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up