Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by Bentley on 28 Oct 2017
  • I am not sure what you mean?  That people know about a business?  Why would they/he care?  I doubt that anyone has tried to contact him...
  • #62 by cyberstud on 30 Oct 2017
  • With the cost of pellet cookers and the wealth of information online, I suspect many new buyers are going to do their home work before making such a big purchase, in doing that research I am not sure that the Traeger brand is going to jump out at them as the one they need to buy, there are cheaper and better units all over the place now to compete against them.

What you mentioned proved true for me.  I'm a newbie to the pellet market, bought my GMD Jim Bowie in April.  First introduced to the concept of pellet grills by seeing the Traeger roadshow at Costco.  When I finally decided I was going to purchase, I did some online research.  Did a search for Traeger, and instead of finding a lot of Traeger propaganda, I  found more articles and videos from Traeger competitors explaining why their  grills were better.

I stopped into my local grill store in Scottsdale, AZ yesterday (10/29/17) to pick up a bag of pellets.  I got nervous because they're in the process of building a large Traeger display.  Traeger logo on the wall, with fancy stained wood all around it, and cool accent lighting. The GMG grills were in the middle of the aisle, and hard to reach due to all of the construction going on to build the Traeger display.  I hope this store isn't switching to focusing more on Traeger's, and less on GMG.
    • cyberstud
  • #63 by pmillen on 30 Oct 2017
  • With the cost of pellet cookers and the wealth of information online, I suspect many new buyers are going to do their home work before making such a big purchase...

I agree that "many" will.  I'm not certain that the majority will.

A good pitch with a hands-on experience or demonstration is an extremely effective on-the-spot sales method that eliminates a potential customer's ability for research.  The Shopsmith woodworking tool was almost always sold this way.  Although it's most effective for less costly items like cookware, vacuum cleaners, blenders, knives, makeup, and such.

The thread How did you get involved or introduced to pellet grilling has examples of research and on-the-spot purchases.
Pages:
Actions