Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 30 Sep 2017
  • Looks like a Maytag Repair site..Surely Traeger owners have something to add...
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Sep 2017
  • Yes, we have a lot of members with zero posts.  Some of them must be Traeger owners with a cook or two to share?
  • #3 by Bobitis on 30 Sep 2017
  • I have a Jr Elite (4 years). I don't post here because I've got most of it out of my system at this time.
    It started out as a love/hate relationship. That lasted about 18 months. Now we see eye to eye and it's all good.

Was it the Jr. or was it me?  I would say a bit of both.

My issue is the size category and my deck space. I cook for myself, so it's not practical to have a larger unit due to many factors.
    The only other pit I've seen in comparison is the GMG Davy Crocket. They are similar in most aspects but I wouldn't trade my Traeger for the GMG version.

If others posted with comments or questions, I'd likely chime in. I simply have no Traeger 'specific' comments to post.

• #4 by Bentley on 30 Sep 2017
  • Tie to just start shutting down some of these!
  • #5 by Bobitis on 01 Oct 2017
  • Tie to just start shutting down some of these!

Why?

PF is but a month on line with a handful of inexperienced members. Most are long time smokers. Seems kinda self defeating to me at this time.
  • #6 by Bentley on 01 Oct 2017
  • I guess I hate the clutter...Pelletheads became that way and was to hard to maneuver around.  But just seeing your post tells me I am off base, so will just leave it!
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Oct 2017
  • I agree with Bob.  I think the forum is setup nicely.  Unless they are difficult to manage, I would leave all grill sections intact for at least the first year.  This will be the go to forum for pellet grill consumers.
  • #8 by GregW on 01 Oct 2017
  • Traeger seems to be the gateway that many people follow when they become interested in pellet grills. This is due, in no small part to the Costco road shows. My local Costco seems to move a lot of Traeger units during these events.
    Later as the forum grows, I would imagine a lot of people will be first drawn here by searching for Traeger on the web.
    • GregW
  • #9 by Free Mr. Tony on 02 Oct 2017
  • I guess I hate the clutter...Pelletheads became that way and was to hard to maneuver around.  But just seeing your post tells me I am off base, so will just leave it!

Do you mean just having a separate section for each manufacturer? I don't always use the "new posts" button, and mainly look at the general section. If I'm bored, I'll dig a little deeper in the other sections. I personally would have liked to have a general section, pit talk (all inclusive but specific pit related), and then however you wanted the recipe type stuff done.

I know some people like it origanized for their brand, but it fragments it too much for me. Can't please everyone though so you just pick a path, and roll with it.
  • #10 by pz on 03 Oct 2017
  • I agree about the clutter, but that can be reduced by allowing users to collapse the areas they aren't interested in. I have GMG and Traeger. If I could collapse all of the other manufacture sub-sections I'd be real happy.

If you go into your Profile --> Modify profile, you'll see a menu item which allows you to ignore boards. You can then tailor exactly what you want to see.
  • #11 by Queball on 03 Oct 2017
  • As usual PZ .... The MAN with the plan! .... Yes! knowledge is power.
    • Queball
  • #12 by Bentley on 21 Oct 2017
  • It is enabled...
Pages:
Actions