Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS vs LG is there a big difference?  (Read 1392 times)

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
CS vs LG is there a big difference?
« on: October 23, 2017, 11:08:32 PM »

I really, really like the CS450. Looks to fit the bill for cooking for 2 people. Is there really much difference between the CS 450 & LG700 other than price & a few inches in cooking space? What are the pros & cons on either of these pits. Is the CS worth the extra $100.00 over the LG? I haven't yet seen a LG is it a cheaper quality pit to the CS?

The CS450 would easily take care of all my cooking needs. Just the right size, Like the adequate flame zone. Drip tray layout, coated grates, upper shelf & just the overall quality (Build) of this pit. How's the temp variance's?

Looking for change, My GMG JB is just to big for what I need & just sits collecting dust unless I'm doing a few racks of ribs or a large brisket. My GMG DC has been my go to pit for 3 years & has been trouble free but starting to show its age. Looking to retire it to just a camping Pit.
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

Fire708

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Shelton!
Re: CS vs LG is there a big difference?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 11:09:20 PM »

I have a CS570 and love it.

It’s my understanding that the CS and LG pits are pretty much the same with a slight size difference. I believe CS series is made in Canada and the LG series are made in China. Per Dansons website the CS grates are steel and the LG are cast iron. Same controller. I can’t imagine they would cook different. With them both being 14ga powder coated steel I don’t imagine there would be a very big quality difference.

Hopefully one of the other Louisiana owners will chime in.

ToolMan

Re: CS vs LG is there a big difference?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:12:18 AM »

Silver

I looked at the Lg 900, 700, and the100.

I noticed that the barrel ( cylinder ) and the door of the smokers are thick 14 gauge, which is what I expected, but the ends of the barrel

are of thinner metal.

Maybe the CS series smokers are made with the thicker 14 gauge steel on the ends of the barrel making it all 14 gauge steel.

I don't know.

Just my observations.

ToolMan
Pages: [1]   Go Up