Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by snj1013 on 24 Oct 2017
  • On the old site (pelletheads), there was a post describing all of the C-Settings for the controller including Minimum Feed Rate. Anyone happen to have a working link to a list of these parameters. For those interested, the Minimum Feed Rate is the minimum duty cycle or percent of the time the auger is feeding pellets. In very hot climates, like mine in Houston, the default setting is too high in the summer and the grill can't maintain low setpoints such as 200 degrees when the ambient temperature is 98 degrees and the sun is shining on the grill. There are links and Rec Tec even has a You Tube video describing how to change C-4 (minimum feed rate), but I can't find the entire list.
  • #2 by JimAZ on 24 Oct 2017
  • I believe Rec Tec support will give you the recommended settings in your circumstances.
  • #3 by snj1013 on 24 Oct 2017
  • I believe Rec Tec support will give you the recommended settings in your circumstances.

I know how to change the C-4 setting, but was curious what the other parameters are. Like I said, I remember seeing them on pelletheads, but the site is no longer active.
  • #4 by DaisyCutter on 24 Oct 2017
  • Credit: up_with_pellets and updates by russ2048
    Updated 3/7/16

Some items may be "named" Incorrectly.  All settings with a ** are probably correct.  Only 3 unknown items left!! C-9, C-10, C-14

RecTec 680 Firmware   U7.07   
    Setting and Description

•C-1   ?     **Cannot View or Change
    •C-2   180*     **Minimum Grill Set Temperature
    •C-3   500*     **Maximum Grill Set Temperature
    •C-4   17     **Minimum Auger Duty Cycle
    •C-5   97.5     **Maximum Auger Duty Cycle
    •C-6   175*     **Hot Rod Off Warm Set point
    •C-7   150*     **Hot Rod On Cold Set point
    •C-8   50    **Auger start up fixed seconds
    •C-9   175     unknown
    •C-10   40     unknown
    •C-11   30     **Grill Max Startup Minutes (must achieve C-6 temp)
    •C-12   15    **PID Update time Smoke Mode
    •C-13   1200    **Grill Probe Temp Gain in Thousandths
    •C-14   50*     unknown
    •C-15   5.43    **Proportional Gain Smoke Mode
    •C-16   0.06    **Integral Gain Smoke Mode
    •C-17   37.55    **Differential Gain Smoke Mode
    •C-18   11.96    **Proportional Gain Cook Mode
    •C-19   0.41    **Integral Gain Cook Mode
    •C-20   25.06    **Differential Gain Cook Mode
    •C-21   10    **PID update time cook Mode
    •C-22   120*    **Cold Set point, Grill will attempt full restart below this
    •C-23   50    **Fan Minimum Duty Cycle at auger duty cycle C4
    •C-24   25    **Fan at Full when Auger duty cycle this number or higher
    •C-25   1    **0(Disable Full setting) 1(Activate Full Setting)
    •C-26   1    **0(Smoke Mode Auto when temp set to C27 or below) 1 (Smoke Mode when      Extreme Smoke Activated and temp set to C27 or below)
    •C-27   250*    **Smoke Mode Max Temp
  • #5 by snj1013 on 24 Oct 2017
  • #6 by rfdong on 25 Oct 2017
  • Is there any downside to decreasing the minimum feed rate?  Seems like if you live in hot climate there’s no downside
  • #7 by snj1013 on 25 Oct 2017
  • Is there any downside to decreasing the minimum feed rate?  Seems like if you live in hot climate there’s no downside

The only downside to adjusting the feed rate too low is that there is a higher chance of having a Flame Out. I believe in Rec Tec's video, they recommend no lower than 12 for the 680 with quality pellets. I can't remember where I left mine, but I don't think I went down to 12 in order to maintain lower temps in the summer. For those not having problems maintaining low temps, there is no advantage to adjusting this parameter down.
Pages:
Actions